Frequent crashing - Page 3

Frequent crashing

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

pnöpel
XTA Developer

Re: Frequent crashing

Post by pnöpel »

knorke wrote:
the infolog is wrong. it is 10.6.8
Bob_Sacamano

Post by Bob_Sacamano »

So, to avoid confusion I summarize:
Currently Spring does not work for anyone with MacOS 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion) without occasional crashes.

Spring is currently build with MacOS 10.6. For me it would be interesting to try a 10.8 build or get the info how to build it myself.
nazica

Post by nazica »

1-2 years ago I was building Spring engine myself for Lion and was getting crashes during gameplay. I used official manual from this site. Maybe it is worth to check current Spring version too.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

Spring is currently build with MacOS 10.6. For me it would be interesting to try a 10.8 build or get the info how to build it myself.
can someone with 10.8 try this please? also the builds of our buildslave seems still broken. if i remember right daftalx talked about setting up the build-environment again, but never heard about that again. i personnally don't have the time yet to investigate this more, also i don't have any mac, so would be great if someone would do that, else we won't have a working osx build for 95.0.
Bob_Sacamano

Post by Bob_Sacamano »

Well, I made a 94.1 build on 10.8, but I didn't get very far. There is a crash because of a free() on an invalid pointer during startup. I'm quite sure this is a problem on my side caused by a sloppy build, but if we want to have a look at it, just tell me what to do.

stdout:
http://paste.springfiles.com/view/3bce3a02
gdb - thread apply all bt full:
http://paste.springfiles.com/view/a39c58de (where are the debug symbols?)

And I have no idea, where the infolog is written to..
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

please use current develop branch (atm release branch), its very likely 94.1 are already fixed.

Return to “Mac OS X”