new to mac...

new to mac...

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

dovahkin

new to mac...

Post by dovahkin »

Hey
I used to run TA and Spring on my old pc wich died recently. So I was hyped up when I noticed you guys where working on spring for mac, but when I tried the latest ( 84 ) spring engine for mac, it ran fine but it did not create a directory so I can't put any mod or map... adding to the confusion is the way a mac works im so lost XD if there is a good site to learn mac programming and stuff I would like to know about it because I'd be glad to help out. btw I am using a macbook pro intel 5.5.

Thanks !
daftalx

Re: new to mac...

Post by daftalx »

Welcome aboard ;)

So first things first. In order to play spring on Mac you need to create the folders via the terminal, which assumes you have a minimal unix/Linux background (not that far from the windows terminal for what is needed here).

To create the folders, open tmr terminal application and hit "mkdir .spring", followed by "cd .spring" and finally "mkdir maps mods". You can then download spring data directly to these 2 folders (make sure hidden files and folders are visible in the Finder preferences)

For the helping part, programming spring on Mac won't change in the fact that the whole code base is c++ and builds on all platforms via automated buildbots. Your help would then be similar to that you could have offered on pc side (unless you have a server that is permanently online and could be used for regular compilation tasks)

Hope this helps
daft

Return to “Mac OS X”