Discord Rich Presence and Spring Lobby Server

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

So for reference, this is what I'm talking about:
https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/ ... nce/how-to

When I was playing Modern Warfare with damgam the other day, we discorvered that MW has implemented lobby joins via discord. In other words, it pops up a little box that has a join button. Clicking it will launch the game and place you in the inviter's party (which is basically a game lobby).

I joked that we needed to implement that into evo. One of the developers in my gaming group mentioned taking a look at it and I directed him here.

So to the meat of it all... Evo uses chobby currently, so I'm not sure if that is terribly relevant, but, is it possible to do something like this for spring/chobby where rich presence gives a join box whereupon clicking it dumps the user in the same autohost as the inviter?

What would need to be done to make this possible and is it feasible?
Silentwings

Re: Discord Rich Presence and Spring Lobby Server

Post by Silentwings »

At a rough guess, after 2 mins of reading, it is feasible but full integration would be a lot of work.

Something simpler like "launch lobby and insert user into battleroom, leave user/lobby to do the rest" might be possible & might be less work, but this isn't quite what the API looks designed for; it looks designed for launching the game directly from discord. But if someone else has done it to a lobby, probably it could be done for us too.
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Silentwings wrote: 09 Dec 2019, 07:33 Something simpler like "launch lobby and insert user into battleroom, leave user/lobby to do the rest" might be possible & might be less work,
I'm not sure what "the rest" and what this is "simpler" than? Guess I'm not thinking big enough.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

By "The Rest", he is talking about game setup (like launching the game, setting battle parameters, etc), and no, I'm only speaking of launching the lobby and putting the user in the battleroom.
MasterBel

Post by MasterBel »

Thanks for the clarification, Forb. :)

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”