Channel bridge between Discord and Lobby channel #evolution

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Hey, I'm not sure who to ask about this but we currently have chobby live for the windows version of evo. I would like to link/bridge/relay the #evolution channel with the #general channel in the evo discord, but I don't know who to ask.

Perhaps it would be good if I could also have #evolutionsupport registered in the lobby and linked with #support in discord as well if possible.

What do I need to do to make this possible (assuming that it is)?
Silentwings

Re: Channel bridge between Discord and Lobby channel #evolution

Post by Silentwings »

we currently have chobby live for the windows version of evo
Assuming this means that Evo's reliance on SWL has now ended (meaning that SWL is superceeded by chobby, for everyone) the server/SL updates that were waiting on this can now be done - and once they are channel bridges to Discord can be set up via the bridging interface & its appservice. Made a ticket https://github.com/spring/uberserver/issues/353
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Channel bridge between Discord and Lobby channel #evolution

Post by Forboding Angel »

Very nice of you, thank you, it's much appreciated.

It took a while before the portable version of Gajop's chobby launcher could be properly packaged.

At the moment only linux is using swl due to the fact that chobby distribution to linux cannot be portable at this time (you'd have to ask Gajop about the specifics). As a result, wrt linux my hands are essentially tied. If SWL ability to access the spring server goes away then I'll have to (at least temporarily) drop linux support altogether. Windows is good to go. There are some very tiny bugs in chobby, but for the most part it's pretty rock solid.

We're about to have to bump the spring version again which I am extremely apprehensive about, but at some point I'll have to just yolo it. Damgam and I are in the process of adding the 3rd race, so chobby support basically makes everything a ton easier.

I just wish that chobby had, from the start, been designed to be packaged. But anyway, all this to say that We're trying to get there, but we are 100% dependent on Gajop's launcher, so until he gets some time to allow for packaged linux, I'm sol on linux specifically. It would be good if someone let me know if I need to drop the nix support (due to swl incompatibility). Preferably with a bit of warning so I can make it fail somewhat gracefully.

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”