With this comes a change: the chat for a battle now takes place inside a channel. This permits autohosts to also act as bridge bots e.g. "<[Some]Dude:DarkEnergy7> my tank just died", and also reduces duplicated code within the lobbyserver. Consequently SAYBATTLE and SAYBATTLEEX are deprecated.
A client signifies they are ready for both of these updates by sending the 'u' compatibility flag.
Protocol changes for ordinary clients who provide 'u':
- A new sentence arg of BATTLEOPENED informs the client of the name of the channel associated to the battle. Clients joining (/leaving) this battle will be automatically joined (/left) from this channel, with the usual notifications sent to other clients supporting 'u'. The server controls which clients are present in this channel e.g. a 'normal' JOIN command is not allowed.
- The battle chat takes place through SAID and SAID** commands in this channel, just like a normal channel.
- JOINEDFROM, LEFTFROM, SAIDFROM to notify that a bridged user joined/left/spoke in a channel.
- CLIENTSFROM, sent alongisde the usual CLIENTS when a user joins a channel, providing a list of currently bridged users in that channel.
Protocol changes for (auto)hosts who provide 'u':
- Send a ex-style message within the battle to a single user with BATTLEHOSTMSG. This functions as a SAIDEX sent to just a single user, and is only accessible to battle hosts.