MacTASClient

MacTASClient

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

MasterBel2

MacTASClient

Post by MasterBel2 »

I've been working on a native MacOS lobby, written in Swift. Just now I've uploaded it to github. (Repository Link)

Current functionality is fairly limited, but you can join and play games (providing you have the map & game – it does not autodownload)

Screenshots:
Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 4.16.06 pm.png
Battleroom
(754.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 4.16.04 pm.png
Main window
(510.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by MasterBel2 on 10 Sep 2017, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
gajop

Re: MacTASClient

Post by gajop »

Any screenshots?
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

Sorry, had taken them but forgot to add them. Added to OP now.
gajop

Post by gajop »

Great.
So what's stopping us now from having a Mac engine build? I assume you can also build, but can we also have it on the buildbot?
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

I haven't yet tried to build the engine, but it's on my bucket list (actually I've never successfully built anything before…)
gajop

Post by gajop »

Wait, what. How does one play then?
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

So what's stopping us now from having a Mac [buildbot] engine build?
Right now, one metric fuckton of compilation errors because MacOS is a garbage development platform for anything other than Objective-C / Swift applications.
MasterBel2

Post by MasterBel2 »

gajop wrote:Wait, what. How does one play then?
Currently MacOS users are using a build by darklord, posted here
Belmakor

Post by Belmakor »

Kloot wrote:because MacOS is a garbage development platform for anything other than Objective-C / Swift applications.
Tell us how you really feel ;)

IMO macOS is an awesome developer platform. It's user friendly, and it's full Unix. There's a reason why lots of developers have switched to Mac…

The problem with Spring on macOS is the lack of maintainers and build bot, not the platform.

Once you've got the dependencies worked out, the trickiest thing is building the app archive for easy distribution. But again once set up, should be painless after that.

I'm hoping myself to get set up to do Spring builds on Mac soon. I've got a VM partially configured already with the required dependencies. Just need to go through DarkLord's build script and make sure it all still works and fix the things that don't. This week and next I'm pretty busy getting some stuff ready for the iOS 11 release (I have my own apps on the App Store), but after that hoping to get some free time for "hobby" stuff like this.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

Belmakor wrote:I'm hoping myself to get set up to do Spring builds on Mac soon.
Btw, if you manage to get such a set up, don't forget spring-dedicated and spring-headless too ;)
I tested SPADS as much as I could on macOS using DarkLord's build, all is ok except I couldn't test in-game functionalities due to spring-dedicated binary being unavailable on macOS...

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”