Two different player - one house

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

MonPereEstRiche

Post by MonPereEstRiche »

I used to be a regular TA player. Nowadays, not so much. But my kid is a huge fan. Completely addicted. Up to now, he only played bots, so everything was dandy. But now that he started playing with actual humans, everybody thinks he's a troll because he has a TS of 30 (my TS) and he plays like a TS of 15 (what I think his TS should be). My guess is that his account was linked to mine because we play on the same IP and that made him gain my TS.

It messes up the games and it makes people angry at him for "trolling".

A few users tried to help me out. [teh]Flow suggested that I install spring on a blank PC, connect the PC online through tethering (so it has a different IP), create an account, join and start a game in both an ACE and a BlackHole server. I did that and the account was set at TS 15. But as soon as I logged in this newly created account through the non-tethered internet it linked the account to my normal account and incremented the TS of this account to 30. The account is now TS 30 even if I log in on the other tethered computer.

I should note that I did not actually play with the blank PC, I just joined the hosts and spectated a game. This blank PC is shit and I did not want to actually play since I would basically be dead weight and I would fuck up a good game.

Is there a solution for us? Is it actually possible to have two different and distinct accounts on the same IP ?

I know that I could use a VPN, and I have one that I could use ... but it would probably waste my ping and just seems like overkill for something that should be so simple.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: Two different player - one house

Post by bibim »

MonPereEstRiche wrote:Is there a solution for us? Is it actually possible to have two different and distinct accounts on the same IP ?
Yes of course, you just need to play a game simultaneously with your kid on any autohost that uploads replays, that way you can "prove" that two different players share the same connection. You can play a 1v1 against him for example, so that you won't fuck up a good game with other players if it annoys you.
MonPereEstRiche

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do I need to recreate a new account on a new IP address and then play a game on an autohost? Or can I simply take the already created accounts and play a game with my kid while we both share the same IP and the accounts will be delinked?

Thanks
bibim
Lobby Developer

Post by bibim »

No you don't need to create any new account
MonPereEstRiche

Awesome.

It worked. Thanks.

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”