Server login issue

Server login issue

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Frak

Server login issue

Post by Frak »

Hi,

I am unsure if this is the right place - or if the issue can be solved.

Details: the problem is about 2 months old, and has now become a frequent problem. The problem only occurs when I play from my android 3G phone, tethered to my laptop. I run win 7 and have lobby version Springlobby 2.10.

The problem: I can't connect to BA servers, it just counts up to 30s and then times out. Eventually it does work, if I turn the mobile internet on and off. If I do it while the game is loading, i.e., quickly, it sometimes connects and allows me to join the game. When it is "working" I can join endless games without further connection problems.

Is there a setting I can change client side? Maybe it has to do with latency or something?

It's pretty frustrating, no DSD :(

Cheers,

Frak
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Re: Server login issue

Post by dansan »

Your 3G ISP is filtering out UDP traffic. The lobby server gets connected to through TCP, so that works, but when a match is started, all traffic is sent through UDP, and that is blocked.
Frak

Re: Server login issue

Post by Frak »

dansan wrote:Your 3G ISP is filtering out UDP traffic. The lobby server gets connected to through TCP, so that works, but when a match is started, all traffic is sent through UDP, and that is blocked.
But I can sometimes join games - even when the match has started. The problem seems pretty random?

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”