new firewall rules are active!

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

because of recent spam/abuse to lobbyserver i've enabled some firewall rules which limit connections / time / ip.

if you (re)connect to fast (or your autohost!), you won't be able to login. atm ~5 connection attemps are allowed in the first minute, at the second only 2. if you are connected, only the lobby server speed limits apply.

@lobby devs: please lower your reconnection attemps/time if you can't connect any more after some failed attemps.

i hope the limits are ok, if you experience problems please report here!

thanks!

(exceptions for some autohosts exist!)

with older springlobby versions you maybe hit this limit, springlobby >= 0.200 is recommended, please update!

also connections from TOR aren't allowed any more to the lobby server.

this is why:

this makes auto-mass-registrations/login a lot more time consuming and makes it also difficult to brute-force crack passwords.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Re: new firewall rules are active!

Post by PicassoCT »

Sorry, i dont get why we boycott TOR? Its used by many people living in political regressing areas- so why not make a connection-time limit per TOR-Node?
abma
Spring Developer

Re: new firewall rules are active!

Post by abma »

PicassoCT wrote:Sorry, i dont get why we boycott TOR?
some trolls/smurfs heavily use it to bypass ip/user bans. a connection limit per ip won't solve this. also only lobby server is blocked, website should still work with tor.

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”