lobby is broken for me

lobby is broken for me

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

hodor

lobby is broken for me

Post by hodor »

i try to make it short:
i am using the new 0.184 version of springlobby and was trying to download the mod and a map from robotdefense host (nixautohost or sth..) via lobby.
lobby has shown mod has finished downloading after a while. the map never started to download.
i pressed reload maps/mods in lobby and an error window appeared. sry, i did not read it and pressed ok.
->restarting lobby: a new error window: "*** Caught unhandled unknown exception; terminating".
can´t start lobby.
-> restarting windows7: same error
-> uninstall and reinstall spring 96.0: same error

hopefully someone has a ideas. I'm seriously not minded to reinstall windows to fix that... :(
hodor

Re: lobby is broken for me

Post by hodor »

installation from spring into an other path than the standard presets fixed the problem.
but i´m still astonished about that problem. i never had any problems with lobby before and i am using it since a while.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

output of

Code: Select all

springlobby.exe -gl
maybe could help to find the bug

what does help->system info of the broken lobby show? or does it crash before this error?
hodor

Post by hodor »

the lobby is working fine now. since i installed it into a other directory it might make no sense to enter that code.

and yeah, it crashed directly with doubleclicking on lobby.exe.

but i suppose there is somethig wrong with the reload maps/games command.
Stuart98

Post by Stuart98 »

Getting this now. Tried reinstalling, no success. Ideas?
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

which springlobby version are you using?

when does it crash? whats the output of help-> system info?
Stuart98

Post by Stuart98 »

Apparently it was reacting badly towards having an old spring engine in the engines folder.
Stuart98

Post by Stuart98 »

So what my question is is why 82.7.1 (The last version of spring that BOTA works on) causes this odd issue while 84 (A version that I can be positive Progressive Annihilation works properly on, it runs on 94.1 but with broken victory conditions and it doesn't run at all on 95+ in my experience).

This only starts happening of spring lobby crashes while I'm setting up a game. If I can get the game to launch, spring lobby won't crash while I'm ingame.
Last edited by Stuart98 on 15 Feb 2015, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

anything below spring 94.1 won't work nicely with current version of springlobby.

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”