Weblobby version 159 - Page 2

Weblobby version 159

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Re: Weblobby version 159

Post by CarRepairer »

SinbadEV wrote:Can the framework you are using optionally not produce inline styling? (yes it would look terrible but then those of us who use things like stylish and user scripts would be able to inject the style ourselves without having to fight the defaults)
No, it can't. Do you have an idea for nice styling? Modify the CSS file and show me, I could put it in as a better default. The current default looks too webpagey and not game-lobby-like enough.

This page has four existing themes that can be easily tested from the top menu. http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release ... ester.html
luckywaldo7

Post by luckywaldo7 »

"the closest thing to 'just works'"
- me, just now

Great job, and public kudos.
NeonStorm

Post by NeonStorm »

If you want to use a custom spring version:
* make a link in ~/.spring/weblobby/engine/XX.X/ to your folder containing spring and libunitsync.

@CarRepairer: can you scan for existing springs and make the links automagically?

I just dunno why it doesn't save the settings into choosen file but give you a new tab which shows the content.

@CarRepairer: Why not just save all config in ~/.spring/weblobby/settings.cfg?
It would also be nice to have a apply-button :)

Currently, if you want to load settings from choosen file, you have to choose this file everytime that the lobby get the settings to know this path?
O_o
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

NeonStorm wrote:@CarRepairer: can you scan for existing springs and make the links automagically?
I don't know how to find spring installs.
NeonStorm wrote:I just dunno why it doesn't save the settings into choosen file but give you a new tab which shows the content.
Weird quirk of javascript.
NeonStorm wrote:@CarRepairer: Why not just save all config in ~/.spring/weblobby/settings.cfg?
When I first created weblobby it didn't do any file operations. It saves the config to your browser cookies so as long as you open the page once every 30 days it should remember them.
NeonStorm wrote:Currently, if you want to load settings from choosen file, you have to choose this file everytime that the lobby get the settings to know this path?
See above.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

one time I had a browser app and wanted to have users be able to share custom settings so I had a "export setting" and "import settings" buttons associated with a special text box on the page... might be a good temporary measure until you work out IO...

other thought would be to make it a Chrome App (they can be installed and run in their own windows and have their own settings space and access to enhanced permissions.)
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Change colors.

knorke

Post by knorke »

when login fails (wrong password) the messagebox is behind the login window, so one can not see it.
after failing to correctly type password a few times there was dozen of message boxes.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Fixed.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

CarRepairer wrote:Change colors.

Looks definatly more grown up. Less like a "I dont know how to change colours yet" student project.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

With Licho's help, we can now select maps in the autohost searched directly from zero-k.info.

PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

A new alliance in the never ending war of houses, that is the lobbys, reveals its intent. Licho in open coalition - against the Zero-K lobby
NeonStorm

Post by NeonStorm »

A new alliance in the never ending war of houses, that is the lobbys, reveals its intent. Licho in open coalition - against the Zero-K lobby
Not against ZKL.

He wants a lobby other than SL and maybe NOTA for Linux.
He wants Linux users to be able to play ZK without 1 hour of work :P
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Mac users too.

Update: Weblobby now stores chat logs.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

..and has its first privacy intrusion scandal. Its officiall now. weblobby stores your private information (pervy chat logs).

And as it is open horse, we all can see- oh, its not doing the e.t.

boooh. you ruined your very first scandal car.. open source sucks at beeing bad. If you had any shame at all, you would take lessons in redmond.
NeonStorm

Post by NeonStorm »

springlobby stores chat-logs too :)
knorke

Post by knorke »

A way to watch replays would be nice.
We tried to watch a replay on a friends computer mac but did not manage.
-drag & drop .sdf on spring executable: does not work (not sure if this concept is known in mac os)
-right-click .sdf file, select spring as program to open it. Weblobby had installed Spring into some hidden/private folder and the "select program" dialog did not allow to navigate to there.
-create a link (called "alias" i think) to spring executable on desktop, try to use that for the "select program" dialog: does only allow to select links/aliases
marciolino

Post by marciolino »

On Mac to show hidden files on dialog window you need to press
Shift-Command-Period

Then you will be able to select the Spring.app bundle to watch replays.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Added a crude replay viewer to the main tab. You'll have to specify the engine version and wrestle with the search filter (best to copy/paste a search string in there) until I can refine it.
pnöpel
XTA Developer

Post by pnöpel »

Additionally it would be nice to let people join the replay, like creating a battle room.
aiphee

Post by aiphee »

Hi,
have you checked this bug?
I have downloaded engine 91 and cant switch to it.

https://code.google.com/p/springweblobb ... etail?id=7

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”