TasClient update failure? - Page 2

TasClient update failure?

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

[LOeT]Zinn

Re: TasClient update failure?

Post by [LOeT]Zinn »

Sucky_Lord wrote:
[LOeT]Zinn wrote:
Sucky_Lord wrote:we dont want you developing, sorry
I understand that you would get ashamed if I would show you. No need to get sorry, though. Just don't accept my terms and keep a single non DSD-8on8-Only server online. :-)
... the fuck?
I understood none of this.
I will break it down for you:

It is ok if you do not want me to develop TASClient. If you do not want me to, I will not show you how it should be done.

You don't need to feel sorry. I am alright with your arrogance.

While you keep other hosts online and therefore not meet my demands, I will not start to take over development. So there is no immediate danger for you right now.

Did you get me now?

Personally I am looking forward for the first TASClient with an included Google-adword-botnet-client. When Satirik feels like he should get some money for his work, that would be the logical next step in TASClient development. See http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 24#p326124

Imho, the only unique feature of TASClient is its GUI. Very nice retro style. Just like the old IRC clients for Windows did look. I bet most of TASClients users are using Windows 7, tuned to look and behave like Windows NT 3.51 because "it's the only sane way to use this bullshit". :lol:
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

Yep, and if you remove every host from spring and replace all with a [SUCKY]Lord host, i'll buy everyone who plays a porsche.

What, you're not going to accept? Stop being so arrogant!
[LOeT]Zinn

Post by [LOeT]Zinn »

Sucky_Lord wrote:Yep, and if you remove every host from spring and replace all with a [SUCKY]Lord host, i'll buy everyone who plays a porsche.

What made you assume that I will not accept you offer?

By "porsche" you are talking about a new car, Porsche brand, to be chosen by the beneficiary, right? By Monday I will talk to my advocate about the legal aspects of your obligation. Assuming the offer you just made is legal binding, I will talk to the rest of the spring community.

I think the average price of a new Porsche car is around Ôé¼100,000 (thats about $140,000). I guess the spring player base is around 500 people. By the time your offer gets famous, there might be the biggest and fastest increase of players ever seen.

But I honestly doubt that you in founds for such an expense. I even doubt that your whole lives labor is worth more than one of the mentioned cars. So I guess what you just did was just talking very cheap bullshit. :(
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

[LOeT]Zinn wrote:
Sucky_Lord wrote:Yep, and if you remove every host from spring and replace all with a [SUCKY]Lord host, i'll buy everyone who plays a porsche.

What made you assume that I will not accept you offer?

By "porsche" you are talking about a new car, Porsche brand, to be chosen by the beneficiary, right? By Monday I will talk to my advocate about the legal aspects of your obligation. Assuming the offer you just made is legal binding, I will talk to the rest of the spring community.

I think the average price of a new Porsche car is around Ôé¼100,000 (thats about $140,000). I guess the spring player base is around 500 people. By the time your offer gets famous, there might be the biggest and fastest increase of players ever seen.

But I honestly doubt that you in founds for such an expense. I even doubt that your whole lives labor is worth more than one of the mentioned cars. So I guess what you just did was just talking very cheap bullshit. :(
Stop being so "arrogant"!

Wtf, my life's work isn't worth ~£70,000? Thats just freakin insulting; just because you live in a trailer park..

And the offer was an analogy of your offer; note how i set up pathetic terms that no1 would want to agree to, and offered a false claim as a reward. (Though i think more people would prefer [SUCKY]Lord hosts than [TERA]BA8V8DSD hosts..)
[LOeT]Zinn

Post by [LOeT]Zinn »

Sucky_Lord wrote: Stop being so "arrogant"!

Wtf, my life's work isn't worth ~£70,000? Thats just freakin insulting; just because you live in a trailer park..

And the offer was an analogy of your offer; note how i set up pathetic terms that no1 would want to agree to, and offered a false claim as a reward. (Though i think more people would prefer [SUCKY]Lord hosts than [TERA]BA8V8DSD hosts..)
I did deduce your income by your manners, because I had no other basis to judge it.

The Porsche you promised would be a perfect enhancement to the other big brand cars my trailer park is made of. Btw. it is "live with a trailer park", but I do not need to tell this to a native speaker, don't I?

I am very happy that you can sense your own analogy. I should have known that I can not expect you to recognize my analogy to Satiriks cheap try to black mail the host owners (If he really did say this - I still hope Masure just made it up).

Have a nice day, Sir.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

[LOeT]Zinn wrote:I did deduce your income by your manners, because I had no other basis to judge it.

The Porsche you promised would be a perfect enhancement to the other big brand cars my trailer park is made of. Btw. it is "live with a trailer park", but I do not need to tell this to a native speaker, don't I?

I am very happy that you can sense your own analogy. I should have known that I can not expect you to recognize my analogy to Satiriks cheap try to black mail the host owners (If he really did say this - I still hope Masure just made it up).

Have a nice day, Sir.
Erm, no, it's 'live in'..

Enough flaming of each other, are there no terms under which we could have just a few other maps put on the DSDHost2?
[LOeT]Zinn

Post by [LOeT]Zinn »

Sucky_Lord wrote: Erm, no, it's 'live in'..

Enough flaming of each other, are there no terms under which we could have just a few other maps put on the DSDHost2?
It's "live in" when you live there. If you just own it next to your garage, it's not "live in" ;)

It's over already? I was just getting warm.

Regarding the autohosts I am the wrong contact. I don't own or decree any autohost. DSDHost2 is [LOeT]Pastes (phpbb user muckl) host.

But I think you 3 guys from the anti-dsd gang should not terrorize him. After all its you being unable to get other games running. If you are to lazy to work (work, not rant) against stupid dsd playing, its your fault. Spring is not your personal communist dictatorship and a Cultural Revolution is inappropriate. See http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 27#p446027
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

I asked to stop because i didnt want this to turn into a pissing contest.. I didnt realise you actually DO live next to a trailer park..

And for the love of god it isnt an "anti-dsd" gang, i like the map! But i think its wrong that players are limited in their choice of maps by a biased host..

"Terrorize: Create and maintain a state of extreme fear and distress in (someone); fill with terror." Don't you think that's a little strong a word? I was extremely pleasant when speaking to him, i pointed out I have nothing wrong with dsd players or dsd, but i would be pleased if he could put a few more maps on his host.

We dont want it to be a dictatorship, that's why we're asking for a balance of maps on hosts.

Edit: I dont understand the thread you posted, CarRepairer specifically cites the method of persuasion I've used.
CarRepairer wrote:Convince autohost owners to see things your way.
muckl

Post by muckl »

We dont want it to be a dictatorship, that's why we're asking for a balance of maps on hosts.

k - we have more hosts with non dsd-maps on
whats your problem?

btw look at this screenshot:
dsdbalance.png
non dsd maps
(22.61 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
[LOeT]Zinn

Post by [LOeT]Zinn »

Sucky_Lord wrote:I asked to stop because i didnt want this to turn into a pissing contest.. I didnt realise you actually DO live next to a trailer park..

And for the love of god it isnt an "anti-dsd" gang, i like the map! But i think its wrong that players are limited in their choice of maps by a biased host..

"Terrorize: Create and maintain a state of extreme fear and distress in (someone); fill with terror." Don't you think that's a little strong a word? I was extremely pleasant when speaking to him, i pointed out I have nothing wrong with dsd players or dsd, but i would be pleased if he could put a few more maps on his host.

Edit: I dont understand the thread you posted, CarRepairer specifically cites the method of persuasion I've used.
CarRepairer wrote:Convince autohost owners to see things your way.
I do not, but there are plenty of trailers parked (not lived in) near by me and two garages of old timer collectors. So owning a Porsche would really boost my credibility since I made not owning a car to a personal principle which is easy when you life and work in a nice inner city of a mid sized town, like I do. And yet it is a kind of stigma nowadays. :wink:

Terrorize is a strong word - I thought of telephone terror et al. I meant nagging day by day until he gets tired. Happily you would need a hole lot of criminal potential to _really_ terrorize him. Got bless the Internet. 8)

You convince one by giving him valid, consistent and reasonable arguments. And IMHO you have none of them left since, IIRC, there is ONE DSD-Only host left. If you think (common western thinking, IMHO) that there is only one thing better than a dictatorship and its called "western style democracy" where the biased mood of a stupid majority (in our case: "we want autohosts with more than just DSD") should be applied in a dictatorial fashion (in our case: "ALL autohosts need more than just DSD") I can't help you on. I am more of an anarchist guy, therefore I like consent. I guess (and hope) a majority of spring-players feels that way. Its and FOSS project, after all. CarRepairers post did take the same line. So I honestly think some DSD-only hosts are alright.

After all, the idea of making a DSD-only host was to separate these who want to play DSD from those who do not want to play DSD. Experience showed us (ak the [TERA] autohost operators and their inner circle) that it is a rather binary bias.
There where guys constantly voting for DSD when it wasn't. On the other side there where people constantly voting for an other map ("any other map!") when there was DSD. So after every game there was a binary decision to make. Now the situation has very much improved and I am sure that you will get back to the old one by stripping all DSD-only hosts.

Therefore I can see no need to discuss this anymore. And I don't mean this in any way arrogant or dictatorial. We have no problems left except for some extremists with demands without any applicable backing. There are no arguments left for a further change without destroying the current balance of needs. So despite I am missing the power to do so, I see no grounds for further action.

And for a final metaphor:
"I want all autohosts to
  • host all mods
  • have the same unit restrictions and settings
  • have all options vote-able
  • have no rank limit
  • have a high rank limit"
So you see there are plenty of decisions where you agree to diversity and freedom of choice.

If you want a mission to fight for, I think it would do Spring much more good when you would commit yourself to fight for a open source BA and more mod-variety. It is a shame that there are so much BA games and so few CA games. There are known reasons, but still...
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

This really makes no sense:
[LOeT]Zinn wrote:There where guys constantly voting for DSD when it wasn't. On the other side there where people constantly voting for an other map ("any other map!") when there was DSD.
So you pushed the equilibrium well over to the DSD side by creating 2 DSD Only hosts? :S With such a small playerbase that forced those who wanted to play other maps to play DSD simply because there were very rarely any other games open.

Let me just get my point out to really explain what I think: Having a DSD Only host attracts players because its a good map and people are comfortable with it. The game gets around 4 players before other hosts start to fill up and, because the spring community is so small, everyone rushes to get into the fastest game. The game finishes and players want to play another map, but are unable because the host forces them to continue playing DSD or leave. This is the real problem as I see it, and I simply dont understand what was wrong with the democratic system we had before, where people cast their vote, and the majority wins the map vote.

Of course im wasting my time here..
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

[LOeT]Zinn wrote:After all, the idea of making a DSD-only host was to separate these who want to play DSD from those who do not want to play DSD.
1) Create dsdonly.springrts.com server.
2) Ban DSD (and all its unholy offspring) from the official server.
3) Profit.

:P
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

blaming host for players who want to play dsd is hilarious
muckl

Post by muckl »

for those who wants to talk about my autohost
ill put u on ignore instantly now - this drives me crazy.
atm on my shitlist: capenter, suckylord

thanks.
Last edited by muckl on 11 Oct 2010, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Yes... DSD players should be the ones banned, not the map
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

hmmm, i dont remember saying that :<

do u think that banning someones work just coz its very popular is right ?

following ur logic we should ban ba,ppl dont play other mods etc
[LOeT]Zinn

Post by [LOeT]Zinn »

Sucky_Lord wrote:This really makes no sense:
[LOeT]Zinn wrote:There where guys constantly voting for DSD when it wasn't. On the other side there where people constantly voting for an other map ("any other map!") when there was DSD.
So you pushed the equilibrium well over to the DSD side by creating 2 DSD Only hosts? :S With such a small playerbase that forced those who wanted to play other maps to play DSD simply because there were very rarely any other games open.

Let me just get my point out to really explain what I think: Having a DSD Only host attracts players because its a good map and people are comfortable with it. The game gets around 4 players before other hosts start to fill up and, because the spring community is so small, everyone rushes to get into the fastest game. The game finishes and players want to play another map, but are unable because the host forces them to continue playing DSD or leave. This is the real problem as I see it, and I simply dont understand what was wrong with the democratic system we had before, where people cast their vote, and the majority wins the map vote.

Of course im wasting my time here..
You are wasting MY time when you just keep standing on your point of view, keeping the exact same perspective, while the point itself got deconstructed.

Your arguments are just a mixture of disproved and invalid (nonsense or lies, you pick your poison).
Me for example can play non DSD whenever I want.

And by terrorizing I meant exactly the behavior Carpenter is showing right now. "OMFG, i hate DSD. Make a Tabula only host at least. Tabula is better." That is no nice behavior, rather some sullen mumbling. It's exactly the point for implementing features like ignore lists.

You guys are chat spamming while there is 1 Wide Pass v1 (I dislike that map/mod but I would never ask anyone to get rid of it), 1 Blindside, 1 Nuclear Winter, 1 Tropical and two DSD hosts - one of them with 11 other maps, but no one does want to play them atm.

If you would go in there and vote for something else you would have (if it did succeed, which i doubt) you would have rushed the lazy players in there (getting something to dring, toilet, etc.) This people would cry when they see that there is a non DSD map coming up. The worst guys would even quit. So the game would get voted for exit (2-4 minutes), DSD would get revoted (2-4 mins) and a new game would start (2-4 mins). I wonder why you did not get sick of that procedure.

This "democracy" you are thinking about is simple chaos. Those who got their need fulfilled get lazy and forget voting. Others are fighting for a change and dumbfounding the first ones. And lastly everyone submits to the loudest, most insulting ones. Votes for kicks got started because people insisted on their map - regularly, all the time.

On the other hand the DSD manics where constantly messing up every host with more than 10 players and voted for DSD. This has stopped since the DSD-hosts exist. People playing on maps other than DSD are 98% more likely to play on any good map other than DSD. I wonder why you want the old times back. Your outspoken needs and your demands do not match.

If you deny everything I am writing, I too see no further use in this discussion. I condemn your demand for Reeducation of free players.

And as I am finishing this post Sucky_Lord is joining DSD while there is a FFA on Blindside, one Tropical and one Wide Pass running. Are you serious or just trolling around?! Great fighters for freedom being followers of the masses...

When your next post once again consists of a single quoted paragraph and your "arguments" start to stay the same as those that do fill two threads by now, I will not read to the end.

(All metric relative values in this post are pure guessing)
[LOeT]Zinn

Post by [LOeT]Zinn »

Wombat wrote:following ur logic we should ban ba,ppl dont play other mods etc
I did touch this topic, too. But thats an argument our 3 pigheaded fighters for freedom need to ignore to keep the little sphere around their head - which is their horizon - from bursting. :(
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

conclusion - if u want to develope tas, i hope u will do it, and do it right. if u want to host dsd or any other map, do it, u got right to host whatever u want, if someone doesnt like it, well, ur host got few players less.
Sucky_Lord

Post by Sucky_Lord »

The dsd was the _only_ battle with any players in it open, ofc i joined for a game. After the first game i was feeling a bit bored of dsd, and really wanted another map, but lo and behold...

Zinn your comments during the battle made it explicitly clear youre only looking for a flame war, you just want someone to troll. Ive told you, speak to wombat.

All your doing is missing my points and putting your own arguments into my mouth :( But i cant make you add more maps on the dsd host, and of course if you read my posts you'd know this was never my intention, to 'force' anybody into anything. But i suppose your selective hearing also missed that part, which is why you called me a "terrorizing, pigheaded extremist bent on exterminating all dsd hosts." Rather pathetic.

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”