TAS Client Skin

TAS Client Skin

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Beherith

TASclient is beatiful now

Post by Beherith »

Latest tasclient got a superb update, and now it looks like pure hotness. Client ugliness can now be removed from the monthly topic rotation.

Jazcash

TAS Client Skin

Post by Jazcash »

Ok so I made a skin for the new TAS Client. Make sure you update to the latest TAS Client (0.71 at the time of posting).

Also, I can't actually use this skin because I've got a bug which doesn't allow me to use the battle window when using a skin but meh, I'll release it anyway.

This isn't supposed to be a pretty pretty skin how I would make it with my own style but I wanted a skin in a Spring style with "Spring'y" colours.

It's not finished as I'd like to be able to get in working in order to see how it all comes out but meh :P

Working on some icons too.

Spring Skin.rar
(14.88 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Jazcash

Re: TASclient is beatiful now

Post by Jazcash »

Can TAS Client and Spring Lobby get their own Sub Forums already?
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Ima merge this topic.
edit: hmm, why is my post first when i merged into jaz's topic? it preserves temporal causality?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Would anybody be interested into making a Kernel Panic themed TASClient skin? Not that I don't want to do it myself, but the last time I tried to skin something (TAUniverse's forum), it was deemed an eye destroying warcrime.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

zwzsg wrote:Would anybody be interested into making a Kernel Panic themed TASClient skin? Not that I don't want to do it myself, but the last time I tried to skin something (TAUniverse's forum), it was deemed an eye destroying warcrime.
Sure thing, in return for a simple *A widget which displays how many Coms are left on Ally and Enemy team in a small little box which you can move around on the GUI :P
zwzsg

Re: TASClient is beautiful now

Post by zwzsg »

Play with comm death end game, and use the advplayerlist widget as the little box.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

zwzsg wrote:Play with comm death end game, and use the advplayerlist widget as the little box.
¬_¬
zwzsg

Post by zwzsg »

If a commander falls at the other end of the map and there is no one to see it, do widgets hear it?
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Beherith wrote:Latest tasclient got a superb update, and now it looks like pure hotness. Client ugliness can now be removed from the monthly topic rotation.

First thing I had to do as soon as update was get rid of that abomination and go back to my proper grey windows style window thank you very much.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

zwzsg wrote:If a commander falls at the other end of the map and there is no one to see it, do widgets hear it?
I think so. Well, there was a widget which displays how many enemy coms are left but it displays it in the console every time a com dies or is rezzed I think. So yeh, I'm looking for a version of that, that basically just displays the number of Coms all the time instead of just when a Com is destroyed or added to the teams.

And it's pretty easy to spot Coms dying anyway what with the giant "BOOM" and Com wrecks and flashes of light :mrgreen:
FLOZi wrote:
Beherith wrote:Latest tasclient got a superb update, and now it looks like pure hotness. Client ugliness can now be removed from the monthly topic rotation.

First thing I had to do as soon as update was get rid of that abomination and go back to my proper grey windows style window thank you very much.
Yeh, was way too dark for me.
Last edited by Jazcash on 07 Apr 2010, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
ZellSF

Re: TAS Client Skin

Post by ZellSF »

I like darkness, and for a skinned application that looks pretty nice... but I'll always prefer TASClient to look like the rest of Windows so Windows native it is... but if I select a battle in the battle list it is now white text on white background and that is sort of annoying.

Why can you uncheck "advanced skinning" , performance difference?
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

looks sex;

thanks satirik! excellent work
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

I can't believe TAS is still using courier bold as default. -_-
Mav

Post by Mav »

So I switched away from the new skin. My my complaint is that it doesn't work with Windows 7 docking. Even the "Windows Key + left/right" arrow hotkey doesn't work. This basically changes the way I use TAS because I dock one window to the left, and one to the right.

/Hell no I'm not doing it manually.
triton
Lobby Moderator

Post by triton »

Nice, jaz plz finish your skin i like it :D how to change rank icons?

Also plz make a Spring skin for firefox :p
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

triton wrote:Nice, jaz plz finish your skin i like it :D how to change rank icons?

Also plz make a Spring skin for firefox :p
As soon as TAS Client gets its own sub-forum I'll make my own topic ... AGAIN ¬_¬ and post a mini guide on how to setup a skin and icons.
Gota

Post by Gota »

FLOZi wrote:

Indeed...Also isn't it just a color change?what is so awesome about it except the fact its "black"(woopdi doo black is cool)?

Took me some time to change it back to how it was since when you change the skin it does not revent many of the things.

There is a reason you do not see many popular completely black themed skins...

This is offtopic but I'd very much like to be able to move channel tabs left and right.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

Gota wrote:
FLOZi wrote:

Indeed...Also isn't it just a color change?what is so awesome about it except the fact its "black"(woopdi doo black is cool)?

Took me some time to change it back to how it was since when you change the skin it does not revent many of the things.

There is a reason you do not see many popular completely black themed skins...

This is offtopic but I'd very much like to be able to move channel tabs left and right.
tabs, lists headers, panels docking bar, all of them are skinned now and not just black, gradients borders etc, and you can edit/make your own skin with a skin editor, few things are only "black" like chats and textboxes, and list background, but it has hovering now for everything and maybe textures will be supported in the futur
prankster

Post by prankster »

finally i'm using tasclient again! Good work =)

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”