Win7 64, Spring Lobby is blank

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

PaladinZ06

Post by PaladinZ06 »

Dell Inspiron 545S
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz
6GB ram

I'm stumped, and frustrated. I've dumped several hours into trying to make this thing work. I usually play singleplayer using the lobby, but something stopped working recently, and it had been nagging me to update the lobby and engine, so I did. After several failed attempts trying to make that work, I scrapped it, uninstalled everything, reinstalled the latest/greatest, and pretty much only the spring test works.

Spring Test works just dandy, and I've been playing Spring for months on this computer. Love it.

And now... nothing but frustration.

At the bottom of the Spring Lobby window, it says "SpringLobby 0.63 msw" and in the lower right corner "ping:179ms"

The client area of the window is just white. Nothing in there.

I went in and granted permissions (all) on the spring folder to this user, and I've tried all sorts of Run As Administrator shenanigans.

Please advise! Daddy needs his fix!

Edit: The lobby doesn't really appear to connect either. I really can't tell what it's doing.
imbaczek

Re: Win7 64, Spring Lobby is blank

Post by imbaczek »

find springlobby.conf in your user directory, delete it. should help.
BrainDamage
Lobby Developer

Post by BrainDamage »

view -> reset
Edit: The lobby doesn't really appear to connect either. I really can't tell what it's doing.
don't login using SD at the same time ...
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Or switch to TASclient.
PaladinZ06

Post by PaladinZ06 »

Deleting the .conf file did it! I never would have guessed that one. Win7 found it for me relatively quickly.

As for the last two suggestions, I'm not entirely sure what they mean.

What is "SD"
What is "TASCLIENT" -this seems to mean "Total Anihilation S(erver?) Client ??

Anyway, THANKS imbaczek!
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

SD = SpringDownloader, a System Tray program that functions as Springs peer-to-peer file hosting system, plus also hosts mods that distribute files through the "rapid" incremental-update system. It also is gradually getting simple lobby features and quickmatching, but those features are new and experimental.

TASClient = TA Spring Client, the original Lobby Client for the Spring project, before SpringLobby was implemented. More mature and plays nicer with SpringDownloader, but is not cross-platform and has a different featureset.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

can you see the top menu of SL ?

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”