SL Problems

SL Problems

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

ChaosMonkey

SL Problems

Post by ChaosMonkey »

Unlike TAS Client there is no 'find battle' option on players which is a useful command and I used to use it all the time.

There is no 'join battle' option for players who you are talking to in private chat which means you either have to find them in #main or search all the battles for the one they're in.

In the battle list it's sometimes confusing when your just looking at the 'players' column for a game then you join one which is fairly full and feel like an idiot when you do !ring because it's already ingame! It needs to be more obvious which games are ingame and which aren't rather than just a little colour blob, I suggest greying-out the games that are already playing.

There is no F1 for the list of ingame time needed for ranks etc. Which noobiez are often asking for but all newbies seem to have SL nowadays..

SL takes too long to load up games when you join which can sometimes mean someone else takes the last place.

SL very often lags out and says 'not responding'. Mostly when joining/leaving games.
eg: When I was spamming 'join' on this game to get in asap when someone leaves and this happened:
I had to end task it.

Most of the time when I shut my PC down it says: cannot end program 'Spring Lobby'.
which is annoying when I'm trying to sleep and the pc light is shining in my face and i'm wondering why it isn't going off "oh it's crappy spring lobby again" then I have to get off my ass to click END NOW. It even says this when I haven't even had SL open for hours. It doesn't fully close when you click the close button.

The 'downloads' tab is crap and doesnt even work so I can't monitor my downloads.

and I think the 'options' tab is crap too but thats just a matter of opinion.

Also I think there needs to be more than 16 unique ids available because 16+ player games are become more popular now and it sucks when you have to share with nubs.

feel free to add more to my list
SirMaverick

Re: SL Problems

Post by SirMaverick »

ChaosMonkey wrote:There is no F1 for the list of ingame time needed for ranks etc. Which noobiez are often asking for but all newbies seem to have SL nowadays..
Imo that info should be put into wiki, not into the client.
The 'downloads' tab is crap and doesnt even work so I can't monitor my downloads.
This clearly needs to be reported more often.
Also I think there needs to be more than 16 unique ids available because 16+ player games are become more popular now and it sucks when you have to share with nubs.
Lobbyserver issue. Solution needs Lobbyserver change.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Tbh, a lot of issues are server based and apparently most of them will be fixed when we "Switch to uberserver".

Quite a while ago there was a week where we had to use the backup server for a week to make sure uberserver was deployed and up and working.

Aegis, WHERE THE FUCK IS UBERSERVER?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

The problem with the Downloads tab is the dismal lack of feedback. You have no idea whether it's finding the requested material or not.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

I do know the answer to almost all your problem ChaosMonkey ... :mrgreen:
ChaosMonkey

Post by ChaosMonkey »

do you know the answer to this problem?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »