TASclient request

TASclient request

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

Gota

TASclient request

Post by Gota »

When users that are on your ignore list type something, you should see their names but not what they typed.
you can replace what they typed with the word "ignored".
ATM if someone you have on ignore speaks,and someone replies to him,you get confused and you don't know whats going on.
insaneinside

Re: TASclient request

Post by insaneinside »

I actually ignore some people because they have obnoxious names.
maackey

Post by maackey »

Perhaps what might be better is to retroactively disable the ignore list.

For instance, if I think someone is responding to a ghost, I could "show all messages" and the chat history would be filled in with the missing text of someone whom I was ignoring, in a different color.

This would also be useful for leave/join messages as well, as I have them off for easy reading but it is quite annoying to not know when someone leaves or joins sometimes.

And once you're done looking over the messages (or just the censored version; "ignored") that everyone else was talking about, you can continue to ignore those people.
Lancefighter

Post by Lancefighter »

Perhaps instead of not showing them, it would put them there in the same color as the background?
That way, youd have to highlight it to see what they said, but if all they are doing is trolling or whatnot, you just wouldnt bother
aegis

Post by aegis »

Lancefighter wrote:Perhaps instead of not showing them, it would put them there in the same color as the background?
That way, youd have to highlight it to see what they said, but if all they are doing is trolling or whatnot, you just wouldnt bother
loltabs.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

I agree with Gota on this one O_O
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I'm guessing this was to do with me yesterday. Do you really love me that much? :P
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

you can make a group with chat color to background color ... and i won't change the ignore thing because it's an antiflood feature too not just a msg ignore ... if you want that kind of feature make it using scripts, or wait until i add a group option to replace what they say by something
Gota

Post by Gota »

Same color is problematic if some spammer starts posting huge messages.
Maybe replace text with something or only show the name and if the ignored posts faster than x messages per x time they don't show.

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”