TASClient downloads fail

TASClient downloads fail

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

sparky2002b

TASClient downloads fail

Post by sparky2002b »

I have no problem torrenting stuff in SpringLobby and using SpringDownloader but downloading via TASClient gives me a Download Failed error every time on Windows.

Any ideas? It's not firewalled.
Pxtl

Re: TASClient downloads fail

Post by Pxtl »

Running Vista? Tasclient uses a manifest.ini to run as administrator so that it has direct access to Program Files, while the other apps are short-circuited into the virtualstore by Vista's UAC. This doesn't usually result in errors, but it does create confusing behaviour, and unusual security settings could possibly provoke the failure you describe.
sparky2002b

Post by sparky2002b »

Yes, I am using Vista. I see what you're getting at, but how am I to do anything about it?
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Well, the simplest solution (but probably not the easiest) is to get out of Program Files. There are two ways to do this - you can reinstall, or you can set a "Spring Data Folder" using SpringLobby (I don't recommend this as it's a new feature and I don't trust new things). For the latter, you'll have to move your /lobby files over into the Spring Data Folder since tasclient doesn't notice that Spring's data folder has moved and panics when it can't find anything otherwise.

As for the actual _correct_ answer, I have no idea.

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”