layout no 2 seperate windows for lobby (under TASCLient)

Discuss development of lobby clients, server, autohosts and auto-download software.

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers

manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

hi,

is it possible to have just one window for the TASClient lobby, so battle window and chat window are united
lurker

Re: layout no 2 seperate windows for lobby (under TASCLient)

Post by lurker »

No, but you can use SpringLobby.
aegis

Post by aegis »

it's possible in 0.40 beta with layouts
Masure

Post by Masure »

Moreover, layout management is being improved to be easier (eg : dragable controls).
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

I don't like either springlobby or tasclient. I'd like it if the battlewindow were just another tab in the chat as though it were like a channel/message window. Then you could easily see if there is an update in it the same way you can with channels, and not have two windows to switch between.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

aegis wrote:it's possible in 0.40 beta with layouts
how?
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

ctrl-shift-f8, you can move controls between windows now apparently.
Masure

Post by Masure »

Problem is TASClient battle form opening is hard coded. You can move controls wherever you want but the battleform keeps existing.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

just fixed that problem by focusing on the main control instead of the form, when joining or hosting a new battle (or just showing the battle screen) it will show and set the focus on the input box, same for the replay form, it will show and set the focus on the replay list, and it also fix the problem when opening a private chat from the battle form with the chat tabs not visible

from the Small Screen Full layout : just added a tab to the main tabs and moved everything from the battle form
Ashnal

Post by Ashnal »

Personally I would love to have the above battle screen layout with the default lobby window layout. Currently the setting changes both layouts, and there is no way to change the two layouts independently.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

You can just use the layout editor...
Ashnal

Post by Ashnal »

Errrr, what layout editor?
All I could tell that allowed me to define my own layouts would be writing my own python scripts. I don't know python -_-

I looked in all the options.

Besides, now TASClient disappears whenever I try to change layouts. The windows disappear, but the process stays idle in the background.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

if you really want something that looks like springlobby ... just use springlobby ...
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Satirik wrote:just fixed that problem by focusing on the main control instead of the form, when joining or hosting a new battle (or just showing the battle screen) it will show and set the focus on the input box, same for the replay form, it will show and set the focus on the replay list, and it also fix the problem when opening a private chat from the battle form with the chat tabs not visible

from the Small Screen Full layout : just added a tab to the main tabs and moved everything from the battle form

how could i make my lobby looking nearly how ur lobby (i mean adding a tab for battle?)
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

manolo_ wrote:
Satirik wrote:just fixed that problem by focusing on the main control instead of the form, when joining or hosting a new battle (or just showing the battle screen) it will show and set the focus on the input box, same for the replay form, it will show and set the focus on the replay list, and it also fix the problem when opening a private chat from the battle form with the chat tabs not visible

how could i make my lobby looking nearly how ur lobby (i mean adding a tab for battle?)
that's not my lobby, i use the default layout ... why don't you try springlobby ? it's just what you want layout wise ...

i'll post a layout for the screen above in few minutes
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

http://tasclient.it-l.eu/SpringLobby%20Layout.py put in your \Spring\lobby\Python\scripts\layoutProfiles

but you can also try : http://trac.springlobby.info/

manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

big thx, thats what i wanted :)

Return to “Lobby Clients & Server”