When a unit morphs, is it still the same unit (same UnitID)?

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

yanom

Post by yanom »

When a unit like a cruiser or drone engineer morphs, is it still the same unitID afterwards, or does the morph destroy the old unit and create a new one?
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Re: When a unit morphs, is it still the same unit (same UnitID)?

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I have no idea, but:

I think that is what happens; the old unit is destroyed and the new one is created.

Just a pro-tip, you should probably put general questions like this in Lua Scripts since more (knowledgeable) people look in there and fewer such people look here...

Just some friendly advice :-)
SirMaverick

Post by SirMaverick »

yanom wrote:When a unit like a cruiser or drone engineer morphs, is it still the same unitID afterwards, or does the morph destroy the old unit and create a new one?
If you use the gadget from CA/ZK then a new unit is created, hence it has a different unitid.
yanom

Post by yanom »

SirMaverick wrote:
yanom wrote:When a unit like a cruiser or drone engineer morphs, is it still the same unitID afterwards, or does the morph destroy the old unit and create a new one?
If you use the gadget from CA/ZK then a new unit is created, hence it has a different unitid.
ok thanks.

I'm debating designs for YMSAI. The current unit production code is working but horribad. Needs cleaning up, probably a total rewrite.

Return to “Conflict Terra”