unable to commit to SVN - and other SVN troubles.

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

yanom

Post by yanom »

So I noticed that I'm unable to commit my changes to SVN. Also, when I go to the googlecode web interface to the SVN, and it go into the CT game, and I go into LuaRules/Gadgets, the list there is several revisions old. It still shows YMSAI as one file (tp_YMSAI.lua) and not as the two files it was split into several revisions ago. When I ran svn update to see if my local copy was somehow out of sync (maybe someone else had made a commit*) all it did was plop down tp_YMSAI.lua alongside the two "real" YMSAI files. So maybe SVN rejected my splitting YMSAI into two files?

Anyway, theres an SVN problem.

*does this ever happen?
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Re: unable to commit to SVN - and other SVN troubles.

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I've noticed some of your commit notes have alluded to more being done than your actual commits. Sounds like classic out-of-sync copies. My advice: stash the files you want to keep in a different folder, namely your AI files and anything associated with them, then delete your copy of CT, and then re-Checkout a new copy. Start fresh.

Then of course place your AI files in and make sure everything looks good. You have to make sure all of the files you want to commit are check-boxed when you make the commit.
knorke

Re: unable to commit to SVN - and other SVN troubles.

Post by knorke »

When I ran svn update to see if my local copy was somehow out of sync (maybe someone else had made a commit*)
That can happen, its called a "svn conflict", svn software has some function called "resolve conflicts" or similiar, it allows to pick which version of a file you want to keep. Dont think that happend here though.

How did you split the files?
I find best way to add a new file is actually create an empty file, c&p in the stuff you want and then add that new file to the svn. I think there are "easier" svn functions for that but I dont "trust" them/dont know how to use.

Return to “Conflict Terra”