NKG Unit Guide

NKG Unit Guide

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

NKG Unit Guide

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

EDIT: As I'm more or less overhauling the units, I am not going to update the Unit Guide until things are more final. As of now, the Unit Guide should be used cautiously, as it may not reflect actual in-game changes.

For the past week or so I've been working on a Unit Guide for the NKG. Today I put the finish touches on all of the mechs. I'll of course continue to work on this for the tanks, aircraft, and other units for the NKG. However, first I wanted to put what I had out for the community to look at, to get some feedback. Namely the kind of things I'm asking about are:

- Is it interesting?
- Is it useful (some of the units don't have Role sections because they are still grossly imbalanced and haven't been refined yet. They'll be added and improved when the units themselves are worked on.)
- Does it look good/alright?
- How is the quality of the writing?

As usual, I feel I started well with the earlier pages, but as the project has carried on, I'm beginning to feel numbed by the experience. Writing so many words about each unit in the game is a daunting and draining task, and remembering the developmental histories of each unit can be exhausting as well. Because of that, I ask criticisms be constructive and honest. I know some of the parts are poorly written, and those being pointed out could help me refine them some.

In the future, each page will have a "Story" segment, detailing the units existence in the CT "universe", but our backstory is not quite developed enough for this yet. Backstory's importance has taken a slight step forward in our agendas, so we're hoping to get some things ironed out so I can begin creating the world behind the NKG.

Also, after more of the balance work in the game has been set to where it will be (aka, when the game is "done"), I'm hoping to provide "useful" stats for each unit, things like costs, HP, damage, speed. That will be left out for the obvious reason that it may change, and I don't feel like editing each wiki each time I change a stat on a unit.

And, of course, here is the beginning of the guide:

http://code.google.com/p/conflictterra/wiki/NKGMechHub

In addition to this project, we're going to make a Glossary page in our wiki to help define some terms that we either made up, or that we changed from their more typical/Spring-related associations. Suggestions for that page would be welcome as well.

It can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/conflictterra/wiki/Glossary
Last edited by SanadaUjiosan on 29 Jan 2012, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Re: NKG Unit Guide

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Regardless of the fact that next to no one commented on the previous post, I will nonetheless announce that all of the tanks are done.

http://code.google.com/p/conflictterra/wiki/NKGTankHub
knorke

Re: NKG Unit Guide

Post by knorke »

I clicked through it, mostly found the history/making of section most interessting. Good idea to include that.

Return to “Conflict Terra”