Drone Ideas? - Page 2

Drone Ideas?

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

yanom

Re: Drone Ideas?

Post by yanom »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:I would personally be fond of the squad option. It would also allow for specific "start" units, which could yield AA units to immediately discourage Flagship rushers.

Another thing is that we now know how to kill units after X seconds. Just throwing it out there, but maybe have an adequate anti-air unit spawn from the get-go, and have it die after, say, 5 minutes?

Would have to remember that the solution should not be able to dominate the Flagship in a counter-situation of Drone rushing. A balance of power would of course be optimal.
yes, the imperative is to stop cruiser rushing
yanom

Post by yanom »

Well, I found a way to stop cruiser rushing, with drone air rushing:

1) build air fac with first engineer. This fac starts building fighter drones and gunship drones

2) engineer clones itself

3) both drones go mine. when you need more engineers, clone existing ones.

4) attack with the air drones you made
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Yeah the single air drones have a pretty strong attack against cruisers and they are pretty cheap. A few of them ought to at least keep the flagship away.
yanom

Post by yanom »

oh - the drones need ground-based anti-air. Maybe the warrior should attack air? A laser seems like a good AA weapon, but it should damage air less than ground, otherwise id b overpowered.
yanom

Post by yanom »

wait, no, how about a flak turret?
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

I am all out of ideas for new drone units. If anyone has any suggestions they are going to have to concept the unit.

EDIT

Like a drawing or something.
yanom

Post by yanom »

Please excuse my poor attempt at perspective drawing, but:

The turret swivels on the base there and fires a contious stream of small flak bombs.
Attachments
droneaa.png
(5.15 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Gotta work in the drone head thing somewhere.
knorke

Post by knorke »

imo looks too much like a generic turret thing, it is just a base with a barrel.
do drones even need ground based AA, seeing how they have fighters etc?
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Almost every time I play someone baws to me about there not being ground AA. The more units I add though the less stream line and appealing the faction gets. (to me anyway, I'm not sure how other people feel) Maybe I will just show-horn that functionality into another unit. No one seems to build the spreadshot drones anyway.
yanom

Post by yanom »

oksnoop2 wrote: Maybe I will just show-horn that functionality into another unit.
yes, please do that.

Fighters are useless aa if enemy has air superiority, cause they get shot down instantly.

Return to “Conflict Terra”