Does anyone else find CT slow?

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Echo419

Post by Echo419 »

playing a few games today against bots i found CT to play very slowly, taking quite a while to set up an economy and even longer to have a stable one up while also trying to produce units.

Why do we need so many engineers ive tried a few different approaches to harvesting and it seams you have to spend a good chunk of your start just making builders, only for it all to go wrong if someone sends one tank your way when you have one scout mech.

Harvesters need an improvement, perhaps faster harvesting, or lower price, both would reach the same level of speeding up early game quite a bit.

With early game so slow as it is, its a nightmare of micro'ing, which against new players as i found in one game can lead you to being able to wipe out their bot producing cruiser with a single hojo.

Anyway, just my 2 cents, if thats the style you were aiming for the game just isnt for me then.
oksnoop2

Re: Does anyone else find CT slow?

Post by oksnoop2 »

I would not say it's slow exactly. I mean you can play it at any speed you want with the handy - + keys.. :-)

But really, I don't think that's the right word. It does play on a smaller scale with the economy. I think i'm sitting pretty when i have an army of 10 or 15.

I watched the replay and I won't say you were "doing it wrong". But the way in which you placed your units led to a slow start. Here are a few tips that might help speed up your game if you choose to play again.

Try instead of morphing your flagship near rocks. Just morph them right on top. There's a gadget that will push the rocks to the border of unit and make for quick and easy mining. Just because the engineers are mobile does not mean they like to walk.. How's the expression go.. don't stand if you can sit, don't sit if you can lay down.

Turrets are useful but I would not build them right "out of the gate". Your flagship will protect you from any immediate raids. I find turrets to be useful to protect your energy reserves or small expansions in an area that might be likely to be contested.

For newer players I would suggest tanks as your "starting pokemon". They are the cheapest and you get mobile AA.

Energy, I usually build 10 to 20 or so and i'm set for the game unless I really start to crank out units.

So, yeah tips and tricks i guess.
Echo419

Post by Echo419 »

after having a few more goes, namely not building a starting turret, i found i could churn out a few units faster.

Thanks for the tips, it really helps. Just got to make sure you dont come to the game expecting the same as most other games with very quick starts, CT defiantly has a slower start which actually makes it better as many games on spring are over in the first 5 mins.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

always jam with the radar. Makes you cool, and allows you to hide stuff. And Raid, drive through enemy defense lines and visit his workers. If that doesent work, artillery with hi-trajectory. Do not use low-trajectory, artillery will shoot into the ground or drive from the hill you placed it upon.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Oh yes I always build jammers. I almost always jam my energy area. Not sure how often they help but it does seem my energy never get's found out unless I'm really losing.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

Maybe you should make cheap lv1 infantry units, for rush spam? Think power armor....

Return to “Conflict Terra”