Wanted: Voice Actor

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Just need someone who does not sound awful to record a few sentences expressions and such for the audiololwidget.
SinbadEV

Re: Wanted: Voice Actor

Post by SinbadEV »

I don't think I sound awful... and I have a nominally functional microphone that I can use to record myself in my relatively low background noise basement... I will submit an auditions tonight after 10pm if I remember after I get home from my shift.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

Make sure to include in your submission.
"Build a Navy"

Also see:
http://code.google.com/p/conflictterra/ ... %20Summary
knorke

Post by knorke »

In the likely case someone does not know: The audiololwidget lets you type in text and then plays a soundfile for all players.
ie like in age of empires chat.
You can try it in current CT version by typing taunt01 to taunt05

So to make this more fun we need sound clips that can be used for this. Anything goes really, from "oh noez they be stealing ma rocks" to "AAATTACK!" or just funny boing sounds or music clips (should be IP free)
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

I am against the inclusion of music clips. Although this can be easily turned off by using F11, it's basically giving ammo to those who like to spam annoying song clips. I don't want my CT game ruined by stupid song clips, but an occasional humorous clip can really add to the fun if entered at the right time.

I worry this'll be hard to do well.
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

I'm not sure if my voice is non-annoying and I just said a bunch of stuff not necessarily the stuff you asked for... let me know if it's suitably annoying but not awful or whatever
Attachments
sinbadevsvoice.7z
(842.33 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
knorke

Post by knorke »

SanadaUjiosan wrote:I am against the inclusion of voice clips. Although this can be easily turned off by using F11, it's basically giving ammo to those who like to spam annoying voice clips. I don't want my CT game ruined by stupid voice clips, but an occasional humorous song clip can really add to the fun if entered at the right time.

I worry this'll be hard to do well.
fixed.

can put in a antispam thing anyway.
well, then troll players spam the chat with normal text or spam map markers.
trolls gonna troll.

SinbadEV:
dling...
/e
eh, quite nice. good sound quality too except for a very silent fan (?)
Maybe a bit more "expression", like you did on"It's morphin' time!", I think a bit of overacting is fine too.
But overall good I say.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

I know this may not be perfect (licence prohibits distribution) but its extremely fun to play with :D
http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I find it hilarious, cant take it seriously, I reccommend against voice acting for the moment, t'is a hard balance to strike and what works in one game wont work in another.
knorke

Post by knorke »

hm, its called audiololwidget for a reason.
It isnt really a core gameplay element or something like KP's voice tip dispenser.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

Beherith wrote:I know this may not be perfect (licence prohibits distribution) but its extremely fun to play with :D
http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
amazing! :D
can make them say dirty stuff, or slang.. all works quite well!
big shame you cant re-use it. :/

edit: german slang with french accent.. also nice :D
SinbadEV

Post by SinbadEV »

Do you find my voice acceptable?

I have no knowledge about Conflict terra so I'll need to be told what things need to be said and what inflection to attach to them... but these would probably be good

"It's a Trap!"
"I'm in your base, [insert ct specific thing]"
"All your base are belong to us."
"Sorry, did you need that?"
"Build Something!"
"Build more [ct specific thing]"
"NOOOOOOOOOB!"
"Quick! Tech to Krogs!"

The fan noise is unfortunately my Alienware-case based frankenstein of a computer... if I need to I'll use my laptop to record next time.
nightcold

Post by nightcold »

or........

u can use a speech synth...like an AI is interacting with the player like in sc....

i just googled speech synth, and found an open source one that you can prob use for distribution

http://web.media.mit.edu/~stefanm/osss/

if you want someone to help with the sound edits you know who to call :D
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Microsoft Sam is the only robot's voice I trust!
knorke

Post by knorke »

nightcold wrote:or........
http://web.media.mit.edu/~stefanm/osss/
lol appearently that thing can only say the following words:
you--another--my--if--18--bathtub--16--27--what--shut--them--20--humidifier--presents--hello--door--but--computer--and--horn--11--system--of--fuck--is--all--have--will--pencil--think--29--alabama--it--organ--microwave--investigators--can--sleepy--15--food--man--pencilsharpener--a--electric--2--speaking--17--kumar--by--christmas--14--ullynaim--can't--24--pencils--hell--they--add--bye--refrain--am--means--person--fire--sharpen--23--i--suck--puffs--8--as--please--5--however--puff--21--manual--idiot--7--26--not--our--won't--prefer--thee--one--10--with--here--none--number--stelly--hate--do--beach--we--computers--sink--isan--to--bad--good--from--really--alarm--sharpener--fucker--clues--party--bitch--12--19--the--test--don't--1--30--this--for--their--be--class--arun--pizza--pencilsharpeners--therefore--are--thomas--up--never--22--manually--above--say--at--13--6--example--backward--3--dick--oven--working--9--electronically--dj--4--isa--electrically--sleep--
err what kind of sentence can you make with that :shock:

Anyway, I dont know much about audio editing but if somebody uploads one more more soundfiles to use, I will add them. Or make adding new soundfiles easier so that anybody with SVN can do it if there is interesst.
The sounds must be in .ogg format.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

knorke wrote:In the likely case someone does not know: The audiololwidget lets you type in text and then plays a soundfile for all players.
ie like in age of empires chat.
You can try it in current CT version by typing taunt01 to taunt05

So to make this more fun we need sound clips that can be used for this. Anything goes really, from "oh noez they be stealing ma rocks" to "AAATTACK!" or just funny boing sounds or music clips (should be IP free)
Well, there goes another frozen project from 2007 I can cross off my list. :3

Return to “Conflict Terra”