1.02 suggestions

1.02 suggestions

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

oksnoop2

1.02 suggestions

Post by oksnoop2 »

I'm shooting for Sunday as the next release of ct. If anyone wants to see something in particular done, tell me. You can download the latest test version in SD. I would suggest using the autohost but last I checked it's still stuck on rev 318... *sigh*.

Any just post here what you would like to see. Also you can check out the issues list here:

http://code.google.com/p/conflictterra/ ... btn=Update

In the test version i have a few mod options. You can now choose to spawn with the flagship base instead of the flagship. This ought to make things easier on the AI front. In fact if anyone wants to help me write a config for an AI just let me know.
nightcold

Re: 1.02 suggestions

Post by nightcold »

-game needs real corpses, it dose not feel realistic when units just disappear on the front lines....it also add a game play aspect, as the battlefield has more corpses certain units might become crippled(ie: the Samson in BA) and movement should become harder

-killing buildings takes way to long....i literally have to sit there with my whole tank army shooting at a energy producer for like 30 seconds/1 min....also, this removes raiding from the game

-there is 2 big of a gap with tanks and mecs.....honestly mec's are sort of useless...even in smaller numbers tanks are better than mecs...imo nota has done a good job balancing 2 different ground type units(kbots & vecs)......in a way, (ct)tanks=(nota)kbots.... (ct)mecs=(nota)tanks

-commander(and other cruisers) need a dieing animation(see czar from supreme commander)

-i don't know if u fixed these, but the animation for the t1 siege mec and T2 mec that look like a spider is a bit messed up....hojo look a bit awkward when shooting...

all i can think of as on now...
Wartender
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by Wartender »

i agree with you thoughts about mechs being weak and the need for corpses, however, the whole building killing thing means you don't have artillery, artillery makes short work of buildings.
SanadaUjiosan
Conflict Terra Developer

Post by SanadaUjiosan »

Our corpses not working is a mystery. I'm not sure why it isn't working. Maybe someone could shed some light on this for us.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Imho, the big thing is that artillery-tank needs to get a new firing arc. They're just too fiddly to get them to fire.

This game is already micro-intensive and slow, I wouldn't do wrecks unless they were drive-over ones.
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

here's a 1.02 beta

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JBDC7F5K
just unzip and place it in the games folder

Return to “Conflict Terra”