Subforum fail - Page 2

Subforum fail

Discuss clans, clan history and clan competition here!

Moderator: Moderators

knorke

Re: Subforum fail

Post by knorke »

maybe we can just remember Trademark as a martyr. :roll:
Why not focus on the real trolls in the lobby instead. The ones that bother players and not just moderators!
forum moderators != lobby moderators != autohost admins != people who care
---
replay / modinfo site (Which only lead to more trolling anyway).
I think that was because only a few players knew about it and people were constantly uploading DSD games ala "somebody combombed me at 1h25min!"
A few replays were fun to watch though. I wonder if a replay subforum like on s44 would work here?
If it is a subforum it can just be deleted if it fails..
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

I'd support a subforum, so long as there is no issue with the board having 100's of mbs of attachments. It'd also have to have strict moderation wrt thread titles to work properly. Perhaps one thread per game per version?

Thread: [S44][v1.58]
players: godde, flozi, jal
description: blah blah godde won

edit: really it belongs on jaz's community forums, maybe subforum for each engine version
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

I dunno, are there really people who watch replays?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

zwzsg wrote:I dunno, are there really people who watch replays?
Ofc, although it was usually the same couple of people who hung around on Trade's replay site and made the majority of the comments. Wombat doesn't even know what to do with himself these days :P
knorke

Post by knorke »

zwzsg wrote:I dunno, are there really people who watch replays?
It's like spectating but nobody screams at you when you change gamespeed to 10. What is not to like?

replay subforum:
i've sent aegis a pm about it, let's see what happens.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I could set up a replay subforum, but I will not be able to manage it fully. If I set up a strict thread naming nomenclature, and a form for posts to follow, would you - as community members - follow it? If half of the posters do, then I think moderation can handle the rest, though this isn't part of our present responsibilities.

As for the Spring Clans subforum removal, I'd be interested to hear more thoughts on the matter. I can remove or lock it if necessary, but I feel it might be better to have it accessible than to hide it from view.
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

Neddie wrote:I could set up a replay subforum, but I will not be able to manage it fully. If I set up a strict thread naming nomenclature, and a form for posts to follow, would you - as community members - follow it? If half of the posters do, then I think moderation can handle the rest, though this isn't part of our present responsibilities.
Seems all the stated reservations go away if the "set up a strict thread naming nomenclature, and a form for posts to follow" step is omitted.

Try sending yourself a PM requesting to drop special naming policy, then replying to the PM with your agreement, and see if it solves the problem?

In case the forum software is unable to handle recipient and sender being the same person maybe create a temporary second account and implement a daisy chaining message passing strategy.

Return to “Spring Clans”