Subforum fail

Subforum fail

Discuss clans, clan history and clan competition here!

Moderator: Moderators

Cheesecan

Subforum fail

Post by Cheesecan »

This subforum is dead. Most threads on the front page have last posts dated two years ago. Remove it? Otherwise it will just serve like a graveyard monument to show how epicly few players there are today.
knorke

Re: Subforum fail

Post by knorke »

At least it stopped people from making useless wikipages, so there is something good about it.
http://springrts.com/wiki/Clans/FAG etc
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

knorke wrote:At least it stopped people from making useless wikipages, so there is something good about it.
http://springrts.com/wiki/Clans/FAG etc
Nuke em all imo.
scifi

Post by scifi »

you can remove the subforum, make it a subject to be discussed in either projects subforum , or Games & Mods.

The wiki just let it be, i mean whats bad about some history or some fun facts, i doubt it takes a lot of space.

Its like Imperial Winter and Pure, why remove them, let them at least have a place in the wiki, i agree removing front page Images and things like that, but in the wiki let them remain as a part of springs history.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

scifi wrote:you can remove the subforum, make it a subject to be discussed in either projects subforum , or Games & Mods.
What possible rationale for this?? :shock:
The wiki just let it be, i mean whats bad about some history or some fun facts, i doubt it takes a lot of space.

Its like Imperial Winter and Pure, why remove them, let them at least have a place in the wiki, i agree removing front page Images and things like that, but in the wiki let them remain as a part of springs history.
The wiki is an important tool in the education and promotion of spring to its end users. (i.e. imho it should be about development)
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Imagine a new player went here hoping to join a clan. They would be completely put off by what they find. Removing things that are out of date and timestamped in the last decennium is kind of a no brainer if you want to attract new players.
knorke

Post by knorke »

Instead of the "clans" subforum I would like to see a "replays" subforum.
As replacement for the replays site, replays could be attached to the post or uploaded to some file hoster.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

What happened to the replays site?
knorke

Post by knorke »

Trademark (who ran it) got banned and took it down.
scifi

Post by scifi »

Nah i meant, the purpose for this subforum was to organize clan "talk", well this subforum has been inactive, so if anyone want to organize clans e.t.c.. in the future.

They can do so in other subforums like the ones i mentioned, or in the old spring comunity website(the one full with spambots), theres room for that, if jazcash fixes the site. Talking about organizing competitions and things like that always gives some life to the projects own subforums.

The wiki is an important tool in the education and promotion of spring to its end users. (i.e. imho it should be about development)
yes your rigth, but whats the problem in having a clan wiki page, just stating the names of former clans spring had in general.

It should be about development ofc, but why take away some of the history of spring?

I mean i can get the point of a new guy entering the spring website, and looking "Clans", this engine thing had clans? , and he can get a bit confused, but its a small unimportant thing , with very little consequence.
knorke

Post by knorke »

It should be about development ofc, but why take away some of the history of spring?
If they were interessting pages like that, it might be ok. But I only see clan pages like this:
FAG´s History
Founder? -->DoJeh, Lovemachine and the mighty SuperKU!!!!
When? --> Betwen 26.10.2007 and 29.10.2007
Why? Cuz i was drunken after a party!
Channel? #fag
!!! CLAN IS DEAD NOW!!! cuz all member were muted one day :D
Or take this one:
We play for fun. Highest Priority: Lets Play... But together and fair!!!
(that is the whole page)

It is just spam,neither funny or informative...
and if you check page history, it takes effort by others (eg koshi) to keep the pages somewhat updated (eg categories) because players do not do that.
gajop

Post by gajop »

knorke wrote:Trademark (who ran it) got banned and took it down.
[offtopic]This is the second time I read about a developer (engine/content/map/mod) being banned, what's up with that? Can't we be a bit more lenient?[/offtopic]
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

gajop wrote:
[offtopic]This is the second time I read about a developer (engine/content/map/mod) being banned, what's up with that? Can't we be a bit more lenient?[/offtopic]
Trademark was none of those things and a notorious troll. Good riddance.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

scifi wrote:the old spring comunity website(the one full with spambots), theres room for that, if jazcash fixes the site.
You mean the new one I setup a few weeks ago that hasn't had any spam on it since? :P I was just watching the conversation in the thread where people were discussing the different ways to implement a multi-member database or w/e so people didn't have to have two separate accounts for the two different forums. As stated before, if that happens the Community forums might actually be worth using. Until then, people would rather just stick with this forum to save having to manage two accounts.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

this is trollcism. This wont stand. We have the rights to fish, trawl our homewaters.

What really hurt us is the professionalism that we developed. This huge mountain of tools you need to learn, totorials you need to read and questions you need to ask, even to just make a map that looks decent. And we ignored obiviously learningcurve cliffs that made people jump off. Texturing. You see tons off people modelling the grey stuff, but how many post them textured? Why not at least allow some autotexture mode, so they get stuff ingame on manus level? Just add a tag to the unitdef
texturingPFace=true;
textureName=InYourFaces.jpg;

oh, wait thats another scarecrow for todays handy-app-edgenerations, no config-files, so autotexturing it with heavymetall then if the tag is not set. Same goes for mapping. SplatMap Generator on fullauto. Featureplacer, full auto.

SpringInstall with goodlooking maps and every game that works included. Disregard yelling artists who want players to user there own installer to download ba, after waiting for 5 mins in a dead channel.
scifi

Post by scifi »

Jazcash wrote:
scifi wrote:the old spring comunity website(the one full with spambots), theres room for that, if jazcash fixes the site.
You mean the new one I setup a few weeks ago that hasn't had any spam on it since? :P I was just watching the conversation in the thread where people were discussing the different ways to implement a multi-member database or w/e so people didn't have to have two separate accounts for the two different forums. As stated before, if that happens the Community forums might actually be worth using. Until then, people would rather just stick with this forum to save having to manage two accounts.
glad to hear it ;)
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Thanks for that. I don't know the background but I doubt a troll would host a community site.
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Cheesecan wrote:
Thanks for that. I don't know the background but I doubt a troll would host a community site.
But they might take it down after being quite rightly banned for the millionth time?

Welcome to Spring.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

His posts read like a history of power abuse. You might want to hide those if you want to tell people he was a troll.

His only offense was upsetting the status quo which led to him being bullied by a small group of moderators.

Why not focus on the real trolls in the lobby instead. The ones that bother players and not just moderators!
FLOZi

Post by FLOZi »

Cheesecan wrote:His posts read like a history of power abuse. You might want to hide those if you want to tell people he was a troll.

His only offense was upsetting the status quo which led to him being bullied by a small group of moderators.

Why not focus on the real trolls in the lobby instead. The ones that bother players and not just moderators!
BS. He's a troll who would have been perma-banned years ago if it weren't for the replay / modinfo site (Which only lead to more trolling anyway).

Return to “Spring Clans”