BA competition

BA competition

Discuss clans, clan history and clan competition here!

Moderator: Moderators

SmellySock

BA competition

Post by SmellySock »

hey fellas :)

just thought it might be interresting to start a real Balanced Annihilation competition.
This will prolly work best with assistance from the web moderators to get an organized competition going.

in big lines this is what i have in mind:

- for starters lets just keep to 4v4 or 5v5 competition ( 1v1 2v2 3v3 might be a nice option for later on)

- figure out a system that links accounts to IP adresses in combination with the sign up for the competition (to be sure that the players signed actually plays and not some 1337 ass friend of his/her)

- make a good and clear schedule about when and where this clanwars will take place. (or maby leave this open and up for the clans to dicide when or where they want to fight)

- we need some players that are willing to spectate the clanwars and report that outcome of each match to the website.

- might want to set up some rules for the wargames (no combomb perhaps)

- each clan will fight all other clans that are also signed in the competition in 2 different maps.
1 map won will grant 1 point. (maby other system)
2 maps won will grant 3 points. (maby other system)

in case of a draw a 3th map must be played to decide who wins the war. (maby other system)

each clan may pick a map of their choise from a list that is made before the competition ( will likely contains the most common maps)

well this is what i have so far.
would be cool if you guys have something in mind about this and i hope there will be some potential clans that are willing to test their skills on eachother =)

i'll check soon if there r some replies.

<3 baj
CaptainPoo

Re: BA competition

Post by CaptainPoo »

If you want 4v4 or 5v5 then this will probably fail, I recommend that instead of doing this competition in 1 night, do it over the period of a few weeks, taking in all the scores/replays etc
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

why 4v4 or 5v5?

Nobody practices such sized games competitively. And there will be 1 or 2 decently skilled teams at best.
1v1 and 2v2 are only game sizes really suitable for competition.

And why the IP thing, if you want some 1337 ass friend of yours to play, just sign him up instead?
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I think you could put together a solid 3v3 tournament if you were willing to work to pull some of the old players out of the woodwork.
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

3v3 is doable i agree. but ill need to recruit :s

but perhaps kaik will prove to be a good enough companion
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

forest_devil wrote: but perhaps kaik will prove to be a good enough companion
Uh huh. We should have an AI tourney. Grab all the AI's that exist and the winner of the tourney is deemed the best BA AI. That way, AF might whip Shard a little harder to get it to be good at BA :P
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

each clan picks an AI out of hat or makes an AI to represent them?

Return to “Spring Clans”