sadness - Page 2

sadness

Discuss clans, clan history and clan competition here!

Moderator: Moderators

Hobo Joe

Re: sadness

Post by Hobo Joe »

oksnoop2 wrote:Steam has clan support right? Can we steal that?
No. It has groups.

TBH I'm a little confused as to why everyone talks about "clan system!" and "ladder support!", why not just do things the old fashioned way just like it's always been done? talk to someone and set up a Clan vs. Clan game, whoever wins gets a bigger epeen or a mark on a page. I don't even know what exactly a "clan system" would even do. You don't need a magic program to play against another team. Just ask someone, and arrange it. If it picks up, we can make a small team/1v1 tourney for a more organized format.

No point or motivation in making any groundwork for a competitive system when nobody even tries to play competitive anyway.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

Hobo Joe wrote:If it picks up, we can make a small team/1v1 tourney for a more organized format.
?

Anyone can hold a tourney at any time they wish, there's players if someone arranges, and it's not that hard to arrange it. Nothing has to "pick up" first
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

JohannesH wrote:
Hobo Joe wrote:If it picks up, we can make a small team/1v1 tourney for a more organized format.
?

Anyone can hold a tourney at any time they wish, there's players if someone arranges, and it's not that hard to arrange it. Nothing has to "pick up" first
What I mean is, the competitive scene needs to pick up before anything more than a tiny 1v1 tourney makes any sense.

There's no incentive to host a team tourney(2v2-5v5) if none of the teams ever bother to play against each other anyway.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

2v2 tourney is easily doable

for example
http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=21540

and bigger teams isn't really that serious games imo anyway :D
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

if you dont mind an easy game with a relaxed clan feel free to poke the GBC when we are online. odds are we don't have anything better to do. anything bigger then 2v2 will require your clan to lend us a player however.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

it's funny to see wombat from [Mr] talking when he or them have never done anything worth noting
PtaQ

Post by PtaQ »

I believe that the only thing we need to promote clanmatches is some ranking on main site. It would be the motivation to organise clanwars.

And why we need the clan system? To avoid trolling, like sbd is changing his tag without permision from clan guys, than playing in clanmatches like noobzor and loosing clan points.
forest_devil

Post by forest_devil »

PtaQ wrote:I believe that the only thing we need to promote clanmatches is to PM GBC and arrange a time to play

FIXED
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

forest_devil wrote:
PtaQ wrote:I believe that the only thing we need to promote clanmatches is to PM GBC and arrange a time to play

FIXED
or pink, or piro, or mars or whoever

Return to “Spring Clans”