Tutorial - Mapping/Tex with the World In Conflict Map Editor

Tutorials & Resources For Mappers

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Re: Tutorial - Mapping/Tex with the World In Conflict Map Editor

Post by AF »

i have 1 gigabyte of ram.
Did you stumble upon a time machine and travel into the future with your computer by any chance? =p
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

I would like to point out something important for any of you interested in this beautiful piece of program. You absolutely MUST acquire version 1.1

Version 1.2 doesn't make a Temp directory after a render, so any chance of exporting your rendered textures is nil. Soooooo... get 1.1

Oh and i would just like to point out. This program is FUCKING AWESOME! And a Sticky for this thread is a must.
smoth

Post by smoth »

can't make road intersections without some sort of weird workaround so I gave up on wiced. I am probably going with l3dt. probably use that or the editor that new guy was making if I can get the hang of his hotkey setup.
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Quanto042 wrote:I would like to point out something important for any of you interested in this beautiful piece of program. You absolutely MUST acquire version 1.1

Version 1.2 doesn't make a Temp directory after a render, so any chance of exporting your rendered textures is nil. Soooooo... get 1.1

Oh and i would just like to point out. This program is FUCKING AWESOME! And a Sticky for this thread is a must.
Link to 1.0.0.0 to 1.1.0.0 updater:
http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1637

With version 1.2, textures are still acquirable by looking for the ProcTex**.dds files in the map directory. The massive drawback of this is that these are 1k*1k splits of the texture. So you have to tile them manually, which is quite a task on anything larger than 4*4.
Oddly, these texture splits coincide with what mothers and users mapconv splits into when compilation is done. I havent found a way to use this to our advantage yet though.

Road intersections are only possible through the workaround posted previously in this thread ( http://wiki.massgate.net/Road_intersect ... orkaround) )
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Some additional info that I want to put out here:

While doing some other renders, the program stopped making a "temp" folder and wouldn't create a "blendedmap.tga"

Fortunately there is an easy fix. To get that folder back, simply make a new one called "temp" and WICEd will find it. From there you should get your "blendedmap.tga" again.
smoth

Post by smoth »

smoth wrote:can't make road intersections without some sort of weird workaround so I gave up on wiced.
I was aware.
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

My WICed 1.2 only puts 8192x2048 files in the temp directory

Uninstalled and installin 1.1 8) shouyld put that in the OP pretty important for lazys like me who dont wanna read thread
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

uh oh now taht i've installed 1.1 i notice that there isn't the 5th "ultra high" tick for quality
hunterw

Post by hunterw »

hunterw wrote:uh oh now taht i've installed 1.1 i notice that there isn't the 5th "ultra high" tick for quality
i have compared ultra high of 1.2 to high of 1.1 and they are exactly the same in my instance, so screw you 1.2
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Hmm, Ive been using 1.1 ever since, didnt find a reason to update, and it seems to be the best for our purposes. Ill update the OP
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

bump; this should be stickied, or alternatively linked too in jc's resource thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2921
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

stickied
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

JAZCASH wrote:You can do this with a lot of map editors I believe.
I can do the same thing with Sandbox 2 for Crysis with yet another ton of features.

Woah u can??? man... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: is it the same as the tutorial above or is it diff steps to export the map cus when u save the map it comes out as a .cry file not a .stz file.

if u have time can u make a tutorial of how to do that :o :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

panckakes wrote:
JAZCASH wrote:You can do this with a lot of map editors I believe.
I can do the same thing with Sandbox 2 for Crysis with yet another ton of features.

This is actually possible? Question mark spam! Random unrelated emoticon random unrelated emoticon random unrelated emoticon!

Is the process of doing so the same as that outlined above? Or is it different? I ask this because when I use the Crysis map editor to export a Crysis map file, it results in a Crysis map! This seems unusual to me.

If you have free time on your hands, could you please write a guide outlinig how to make spring engine maps with the Crysis map editor? Random emoticon spam.
Fixed. Again, proper grammar is good for you. Also, lay off on the smileys.

As to your question, I haven't personally tried it, but it probably is possible. read the map development sections on this site (under the "development" tab, to get a better feel for what it takes to make a map.
kburts

Post by kburts »

is the file really ~350 megs or have i got the wrong one(becasue i SEVERELY hope i got the wrong one)??
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

350 is right IIRC. You will need the game as well.
srapop

Post by srapop »

nice tutorial,thanks.is there any way to get more fps?because on my computer(2gb ram,windows 7) i get really bad fps and couldnt find help neither in the settings nor with google.
thanks in advance
Beherith

Post by Beherith »

Nope. If the main selling points of your PC are win7 and 2gb ram, then its most likely not enough. The editor needs a decent GPU.
srapop

Post by srapop »

Beherith wrote:Nope. If the main selling points of your PC are win7 and 2gb ram, then its most likely not enough. The editor needs a decent GPU.
thanks for the info.that is too bad.anyway,was nice to give it a try,because now i have the game.
XTA Developer

Post by 8611 »

images all dead

Return to “Map Tutorials & Resources”