NOTA 1.82 - Page 3

NOTA 1.82

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Thor wrote:...the Arm panther is the perfect raiding tank, but too expensive to be a worthwhile frontline unit...
yeah esp when i don't have them on hold fire :oops:

just a question but what stats did u adjust to allow the hover transports more capacity? cause i tried using one last nite and the bugger only loaded 5 rockos.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

j5mello wrote:just a question but what stats did u adjust to allow the hover transports more capacity? cause i tried using one last nite and the bugger only loaded 5 rockos.
That's really weird, it worked when I tested it with peewees. Both transport size and transport capacity are set to 15, which should mean that you would be able to load 15 of any 1x1 sized unit, including rockos. I don't think a mass limit is set but it shouldn't be a problem as the default is something like 100,000.
caldera

Post by caldera »

cant run the single player mission, i just put the .lua into the startscripts folder. error message: could not load detail texture from file bitmaps/detailtex2.bmp
any idea?
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

it's because the script is looking for version 1.0 of the mod. Just open the script and change the mod name from NOTA10.sd7 to NOTA111.sd7.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

oh me gots a question... what are the slope tolerances for the majority of the buildings in NOTA? are they atleast higher than the standard AA number? cause if they aren't upping them might not be a bad idea so its easier to play on non ota remakes...

oh and are the All terrain units actually all terrian as in can climb the walls on castles cause last i checked i don't think they could which kinda makes em less useful in that role...
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

nother thing for some added diversity how about using http://www.unituniverse.com/?p=u&v=2747

as the lvl 2 air transport for core and maybe allowing the lvl 2s to carry more units
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

Most of our buildings have a slope tolerance of 10, while AA's seem to be more like 15, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to raise them a bit. The all-terrain units are extremely useful on mountainous maps, especially since most other units aren't so good at climbing as in AA. I thought they could climb walls too though.

I could be wrong, but I think we tried that transport a while ago, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, it was kindof glitchy.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

well just wondering as it makes an appearance in persh mod and it fits CORE's more direct style. the one prohibitive thing about it is that it is huge and as such can have trouble landing/unloading.

as to slope tolerance i would say higher than fifteen as the mapping systems of spring allow some pretty wacky maps and it would be nice if i could build on em...

well regardless of whether or not u use the new transport how about giving the lvl 2 transport the ability to carry a bit more??
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

Well I guess it won't hurt to try it. It would be nice for the core to have their own advanced transport. The problem with multiple unit carrying transports is that, to my knowledge, they have to take off and land again for each unit they unload, making them slower and less useful for combat drops than just using multiple level 1 transports. True dropships a la supreme commander would be freaking awesome, but if we can't have those I'd rather leave transports as carrying single units.

It'll probably be a while before we finish the next version, unfortunately. I actually don't even have access to a pc anymore, so Smartie is the only one doing any work on it at present, and I believe he's been fairly busy recently also.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Thor wrote:It'll probably be a while before we finish the next version, unfortunately. I actually don't even have access to a pc anymore, so Smartie is the only one doing any work on it at present, and I believe he's been fairly busy recently also.
That just gives me more time to test things :o
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

A NOTA movie I made a while ago but never got around to finishing until now: http://rapidshare.com/files/13836395/NOTA04.mov.html
It's set to the TA soundtrack and mostly shows off the ship combat.

Edit: or watch the low quality google video version here.
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

I want to know when we are going to be able to play another game. You should put linux on your mac so we can play against each other.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

smartie wrote:I want to know when we are going to be able to play another game. You should put linux on your mac so we can play against each other.
Good idea. I'll try that.
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

Hurray :P
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

Well, thanks to elio's new mac build, I can now play spring on my mac! Here's a new single player mission for NOTA:
http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/22 ... r_Mission/

In this one, you have to survive against several waves of attackers to give time for your reinforcements to show up. It's quite a bit more challenging and complicated than the first.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

sounds cool which map is it for all those who don't click on the linky
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

Map is Island in the Sun, for a fun mix of hovercraft and ship combat.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

And here is yet another mission: http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/23 ... r_Mission/

Here's the description: A friendly convoy carrying valuable military things across the desert is surrounded and about to be annihilated. It is up to you to come to the rescue, get them out of enemy territory, and then survive to tell the tale as the enemy launches a massive assault to prevent you from accessing those valuable military things contained in the trucks. Requires mod NOTA 1.11 and map Relics-V2.

This is by far my most complex mission yet, and it's quite a lot of fun if I do say so myself. I'm hoping these singleplayer missions will help draw people into the mod and allow them to have fun trying something new without having to go through all the trouble of getting a game started in the lobby. These things are seriously a pain to make though. It's not hard to see why other mods haven't bothered with them. I think Spring has done itself, and especially the non-AA/XTA mods, a big disservice in not properly supporting singleplayer.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

this is basicly the spring version of what supcom tried to be. now all it needs are crazy T3 mobile factories and submarine aircraft carriers and it = win
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

That's the best TA based mod I've seen so far, honestly.

I've found some visual issues though.

ARM
T1 Warrior: got two different arms but the same guns.
T1 Rocko: back of the rocket tube misses a texture
T3 Monstro Pod: some flares show up wrong when firing. Also I think it turns the body too fast for the slow moving speed.
T2 ground attack aircraft (forgot the name) got some textures flipped wrong on the left or right wing, easy to fix.
T2 battlemech (forgot the name) has some visual aiming issues because it resets the torso too fast
T2 experimental tank (forgot the name) got an unused turret.
T2 Dragonfly got an unused turret.

There was some more I think but can't remember any of it.

CORE
T2 artillery kbot (forgot name) should have the long range cannon as weapon1 because it moves in range to be able to fire it's other guns at the moment.

Also some units have AA missile launchers (ships) which fire on ground while the AA specific units/buildings don't.

I have a suggestion to make for some of the continous beam weapons.
- Added weapon tdf command SweepFire, if 1 (default 0) it will make the weapon continue firing while it aims for a new target. Only works on continous beam lasers currently.
Haven't experimented around with it yet but it might be cool to have this on some of the beam weapon units/buildings.

Return to “NOTA”