NOTA 1.82 - Page 30

NOTA 1.82

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

123vtemp

Re: NOTA 1.47

Post by 123vtemp »

Totbuae,

[9:44:10 PM] <Totbuae> hey, know anyone who uses spring in vista?

Yes there are Vista users.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

NOTA now has its own forums! Thanks Overkill!

http://nota.strategyboards.com/

Go there to discuss all things nota.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Can you put this to commanders:

Code: Select all

category=CTRL_C
So i can press CTRL+C and select commander that way.

thanks
goduranus

Post by goduranus »

How do I get the AI to work? I downloaded NTai, put it in my AI folder, and I saw there was already a NOTA config file, so I didn't touch anything. I fired up spring with the exe file ( not the multiplayer client) selected NTai and NOTA, but the enemy didn't build anything.
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

KAIK works in NOTA, or did last time I tried it.
goduranus

Post by goduranus »

just tried it and yeah it worked, didn't know that.
Does NTai work?
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

TradeMark wrote:Can you put this to commanders:

category=CTRL_C
So i can press CTRL+C and select commander that way.

thanks
afaik those ota tags dont do anything in spring, i think its actually having the commander=1 tag in the fbi
goduranus

Post by goduranus »

Is there a working AI that uses ships and aircraft for NOTA?
overkill

Post by overkill »

Rai does, but still, no ai can really play nota well enough to stand up against a well player, it may help if you eneable the mod option to give you both mobile commanders, though.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Pressure Line wrote:afaik those ota tags dont do anything in spring, i think its actually having the commander=1 tag in the fbi
edit: i did some research now, and the correct way is to put just COMMANDER in the category:

armbase:

Category=ARM NOTAIR NOTSUB NOTSHIP COMMANDER;
corbase:

Category=CORE NOTAIR NOTSUB NOTSHIP COMMANDER;
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

ok, I'll do that.
goduranus

Post by goduranus »

Edit:

I've got NTai to work too, and Rai to work better, but they still don't build any air or ships, and hardly and ground too...

so far I've tried NTai, Rai, and Kai
Last edited by goduranus on 26 Jul 2008, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

TradeMark wrote:edit: i did some research now,
try doing that before every post, its awesome and makes you cooler than ALLCAPSLOL!
goduranus

Post by goduranus »

NOTA has missions? where do I get them?
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

On the subject of AI: KAIK can and will use air swarms sometimes, but I'm not sure it can "swim" very well. It will attempt to cap seabed metal patches. This is IIRC, because it was a little while since I used it and I have some issues with short-medium term memory thanks to illness.
HoneyFox

Post by HoneyFox »

I use RAI in NOTA games and those AIs only like to build hovercrafts but no ships... I wonder if I can switch to "Commander Start" mode to make it happen?
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

the Commander start mode might help if the ai's problem is that it never uses the base to build the shipyard.

You can get the singleplayer missions with NOTA 1.43 here: http://www.spring-portal.com/index.php/ ... 5-notav143

There were a lot of limitations with them which is why I stopped updating them or making new ones. If we ever do make any more missions it will be using luarules.
goduranus

Post by goduranus »

I found that when commander and the command tower get deployed, the commander gets stuck on some maps trying repeatedly to build extractors over spots that are blocked off by the command tower. Could there be a mode that deploys commanders only?

say, just a random thought, but since this mod has so many realistic weapons, what if you make some of the heavier non-nuke missiles interceptable, and make AA cruisers able to shoot them down?
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

I'm a bit hesitant to make a commander only game mode because it plays very badly; the game just wasn't designed for it, and you can tell.
I guess you could always switch to the bot's team at the beginning of the game and self-d its command tower.

AA ships shooting down missiles would be cool, but there are two reasons why it probably won't happen. First is that ships are already quite powerful in comparison to land-based units, so gameplay wise it would probably end up making the game less balanced, and secondly, only vertical-launch missiles are interceptable in spring. you can fake it by giving the unit an invisible shield and having the weapon fire at the missile to give the appearance of shooting it down, but there would be no chance of missing and the missile getting through, and it would probably look fakey.
Evil4Zerggin

Post by Evil4Zerggin »

A couple suggestions:

1. Put the link to the external forum into the first post so it doesn't get buried.

2. When I played NOTA I found the buildpics very hard to recognize (I had to ask where the wind generator was). Everything seems really grey, which makes it hard to tell the unit from the background. Is there a possibility of making new buildpics/taking some from another mod?

Return to “NOTA”