NOTA 1.82 - Page 72

NOTA 1.82

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

PepeAmpere

Re: NOTA MEDIA materials - screens, videos, ideas

Post by PepeAmpere »

_JI_ wrote:Hi, guys! I have a suggestions:

1) Need to increase speed of building, because people don't want to play in so slow game. All units must to be made min 1.5x faster. So, amount of units on middle game must to be min 200 per player (increase speed of building, m+, e+)
Hi _JI_,

there are many suggestions (from players, devs, fans) touching different aspects of our game and your suggestion to change the buildspeeds is one of that kind that wants to move one of the basic stones of a game. I agree it can affect the speed of the match, but from my experience play with current speeds can be hectic anyway on pro-quality of players. If you try to experiement with different play styles, you can figure out, that buildspeed is not your main limitation, your limitation are resources. Buildspeed can be always reduced by multiple builders (in case of factory by multiple factories of the same type). If you watch some of the replays from last tournament, you can see NOTA playstyle is far different for example from BA or ZERO-K, where just one factory can be enough for one match.

So solution for you can be just playing maps with more resources and paying more attention to create more mobile construction units during the battle.
_JI_ wrote: 2) Need to make laser to reach target immerdately like in real life
Yes, our lasers behave somehow unrealistic, realistic lasers may be less funny to play with, graphicaly/gameplay less sexy. It is old design decision and it would need deeper analysis to convince us to change this. You are encouraged to do that in our balance trello board! I created card for you and you can analyze your suggestion deeply there.
_JI_ wrote: 3) Airplanes must be able to change it's velocity if needed
Kind of general suggestion... yes.. maybe you mean fighters flying over slower targets. Thats known bug which will be solved by slowing the most of air in next version.
_JI_ wrote: 4) Addition of big walls would be great
We are sure no big walls will be added as standard building for current factions. You can search in history of this thread for "Fights for dragonteeths", where arguments against slowing the game with walls and for active play were listed.
_JI_ wrote: 5) Some increasing of line of sight for airplanes is needed, because they don't see their way far enought. Some land units needs it too
Current setting is balance between realism, good game play and performance of a game (3rd argument maybe the most important). It is hard to do big changes here, but we can talk about light updates.
_JI_

Post by _JI_ »

PepeAmpere wrote:
_JI_ wrote:Hi, guys! I have a suggestions:

1) Need to increase speed of building, because people don't want to play in so slow game. All units must to be made min 1.5x faster. So, amount of units on middle game must to be min 200 per player (increase speed of building, m+, e+)
Hi _JI_,

there are many suggestions (from players, devs, fans) touching different aspects of our game and your suggestion to change the buildspeeds is one of that kind that wants to move one of the basic stones of a game. I agree it can affect the speed of the match, but from my experience play with current speeds can be hectic anyway on pro-quality of players. If you try to experiement with different play styles, you can figure out, that buildspeed is not your main limitation, your limitation are resources. Buildspeed can be always reduced by multiple builders (in case of factory by multiple factories of the same type). If you watch some of the replays from last tournament, you can see NOTA playstyle is far different for example from BA or ZERO-K, where just one factory can be enough for one match.

So solution for you can be just playing maps with more resources and paying more attention to create more mobile construction units during the battle.
_JI_ wrote: 2) Need to make laser to reach target immerdately like in real life
Yes, our lasers behave somehow unrealistic, realistic lasers may be less funny to play with, graphicaly/gameplay less sexy. It is old design decision and it would need deeper analysis to convince us to change this. You are encouraged to do that in our balance trello board! I created card for you and you can analyze your suggestion deeply there.
_JI_ wrote: 3) Airplanes must be able to change it's velocity if needed
Kind of general suggestion... yes.. maybe you mean fighters flying over slower targets. Thats known bug which will be solved by slowing the most of air in next version.
_JI_ wrote: 4) Addition of big walls would be great
We are sure no big walls will be added as standard building for current factions. You can search in history of this thread for "Fights for dragonteeths", where arguments against slowing the game with walls and for active play were listed.
_JI_ wrote: 5) Some increasing of line of sight for airplanes is needed, because they don't see their way far enought. Some land units needs it too
Current setting is balance between realism, good game play and performance of a game (3rd argument maybe the most important). It is hard to do big changes here, but we can talk about light updates.
Do you can to make another fast nota version with real laser? I don't mean to update nota, I mean to make new game and test it on public. May be they'll like it and we'll be able to play in nota just at anytime we want? Laser is not nice now. It is unuseful when enemy units moving perpendicular to line of fire. Sentiels are useless and just make some nice green strikes, whitch misses a lot of times! Slow laser is not important, when noone wants to play nota. For me, unreal laser repels me from nota. Just try to increase speed of metal extraction and buildpower of units and labs! Then try to play it with players :wink:
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

_JI_ wrote:Just try to increase speed of metal extraction and buildpower of units and labs! Then try to play it with players :wink:
We discuss first before we change some game aspect. Try to convince us by arguments.

Return to “NOTA”