NOTA 1.82 - Page 42

NOTA 1.82

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

123vtemp

Re: NOTA 1.60

Post by 123vtemp »

NOTA 1.59
Needs to be tested: is auto retreat+repair for fighters broke? Losing heavy interceptors is not good.

How about letting both t1 and t2 labs build the t2 bombers?
Make the Transport lab and the t2 air lab both building the heavy transport?
Give the light arm transport to the arm transport lab?

LOOP BACK is still BROKE
momfreeek

Re: NOTA 1.59

Post by momfreeek »

Thor wrote:Loopback was broken by one of the recent spring versions. I'd love to have it back if we could
I couldn't find a bug report on mantis: http://springrts.com/mantis

Then again I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, I searched for 'loop' and 'toad'.
Achilla

Post by Achilla »

123vtemp wrote:NOTA 1.59
Needs to be tested: is auto retreat+repair for fighters broke? Losing heavy interceptors is not good.

How about letting both t1 and t2 labs build the t2 bombers?
Make the Transport lab and the t2 air lab both building the heavy transport?
Give the light arm transport to the arm transport lab?

LOOP BACK is still BROKE
Sir,

NOTA 1.60 is out, so your 1.59 'feedback' or so to call it, is completely unnecessary and useless.

@topic

Arm Toadfoot (fighter-bomber) doesn't obey patrol commands - neither by setting automatic patrol upon construction in the aircraft factory, nor by selecting the already created unit and assigning the order yourself. It's quite frustrating, since you end up issuing attack order to one target and once it is dead, the planes will just land on the surface without engaging other enemy units, getting easily obliterated.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Achilla wrote:NOTA 1.60 is out, so your 1.59 'feedback' or so to call it, is completely unnecessary and useless.
2 points:
- 1.60 was not out at the time he left the feedback (first post & title of this thread are updated with each nota revision.. so there is much out of date feedback on previous pages)
- I don't believe anything changed in 1.60 that would negate/fix the ideas/issues he mentioned. I could be wrong
Gota

Post by Gota »

Is it possible to get a supcomish commander as a MOD OPTION in next NOTA v?

A high hp com able to build stuff,without a dgun,that has a long range lazor or plasma weapon or whatever.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

If you could, in the future, notify me via pm when a new version is released so I can update the moduleupdater It would be greatly appreciated.
123vtemp

Post by 123vtemp »

Forboding Angel wrote:If you could, in the future, notify me via pm when a new version is released so I can update the moduleupdater It would be greatly appreciated.
If you do not know before I have updated NOTA's wiki to a new version, I'll let you know.

Thank you for keeping it current :)
Last edited by 123vtemp on 06 Sep 2009, 04:01, edited 1 time in total.
123vtemp

Post by 123vtemp »

momfreeek wrote:
Thor wrote:Loopback was broken by one of the recent spring versions. I'd love to have it back if we could
I couldn't find a bug report on mantis: http://springrts.com/mantis

Then again I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, I searched for 'loop' and 'toad'.
Loop Back is also broken in CA but they have not noticed yet. so It should be getting a bug report if it has not one already.

BTW,
[3:54:06 PM] <ArgH_DE> btw im planing a new gamemode for the nota mod
[3:54:31 PM] <ArgH_DE> done some lua-coding allready
I too had recently been thinking of a useful mode for smaller maps
Using an expansion tower with it's smaller radius and perhaps x3 the hp
with support units would make a a large quantities of really neat smaller maps with in the realm of exciting game play possibility.

Concept:
ARM:
expansion constructor x3 hp
3 llts 2 cons 2 zues 2 peewees 2 flea
1 estore
6 wind

CORE:
3 llts 2 cons 1 raider 2 ak 1 weasel
1 estore
6 wind

I am not sure if a trans port at the start is a bad idea.
Lord Juzza

Post by Lord Juzza »

I have to say that'd be a fantastic thing to impliment 1-23v however the exact starting units could use some more disscusion.

Also there are many unused units in the NOTA, I was wondering if perhaps a gameplay mode could be implimented (Like CA) for testing, possible implementation and just for fun., Thankyou.

~Juzza
the great zamboni

Post by the great zamboni »

The Arm House thing looks sad in comparison to the cool Core tower. Not sure why its crooked, but could a new direction be taken for it? I'll make a model for it if you give me some guidelines, unless someone with talent wants to give it a whirl.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

123vtemp wrote:Loop Back is also broken in CA but they have not noticed yet. so It should be getting a bug report if it has not one already.
Not really the optimum method for filing bug reports (wait for CA to do it). When aircraft fuel was broke Kloot was very helpful on mantis, fixing a bunch of related issues on the same day I brought them up (CA doesn't run engine dev). I'd post it myself if I knew what the details of the loopback bug were..
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

We only use loopback on one unit, which is rarely used, and it has always been buggy, and off by default. IE its never used anyway.

Was refueling planes fixed?! When?
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

I fixed the download link in the first post since it was borked.
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

Saktoth wrote:Was refueling planes fixed?! When?
http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=1130

the only remaining bug I found was this: http://springrts.com/mantis/view.php?id=1131
not sure if that ever got fixed but its not much of a problem
Umrug

Post by Umrug »

Hi!

One disgusting thing about NOTA is the buildpics. Airplanes??? damn they all look the same and the worst part is that you can't see the queued number on most of them. So me and a friend of mine thought we could improve that a bit. We made set of buildpics for the basic t1 economy + for some of the airplanes. We tried hard, really :) IMO the difference is huge.
When I'll be able to play spring online again I'll gather some opinions from the players.
Whom and how do I contact for the changes to make their way into the mod? (Of course only the stuff you agree with, if you will like something).

If no one answers here I'll spam everyone in lobby, so save the traffic :)
momfreeek

Post by momfreeek »

ooh, new buildpics would be good. I still build torpedo bombers by mistake sometimes when I want high altitude bombers.. and radar bots when I want aa.. etc..

thor (author of first post) and cake develop NOTA. They are on the lobby sometimes or you could try sending thor a PM via the forum (which might reach him via email).
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

You can also try making a post in the nota forums (link is in OP)
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

yeah that white background can be pretty annoying

post them up here
Soban

Post by Soban »

sod backgrounds ... i dont have the expertiese to do this myself, but how the hell do i make .cfg files for the bot programs? this is ofc for nota 1.6.

the read me's are so jumbled up in the notepads that i cant make sense of them.

i need something to train on that isnt going to kick my butt in 30 seconds like most human players will ... and playing against the bug AI isnt going to work for navy battles. :P
the only one that loads up and dosnt glitch or hang between 30 seconds and 5 mins, surrenders at the 5 seconds played marker.

can anyone help me?
Soban

Post by Soban »

the other thing id like to add is;
although i love the FPS mode on ships, i cannot control them if i choose to look in certain directions.
for example, with the Core "Enforcer" destroyer, i cannot look to port or starboard and keep my ability to see what im shooting at, as a piece of the unit mesh obstructs my vision, this happens with a lot of navy units and makes them almost impossible to actually play without getting them killed.

Return to “NOTA”