NOTA 1.82 - Page 38

NOTA 1.82

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

smokingwreckage

Re: NOTA 1.56

Post by smokingwreckage »

Does Spacebugs utilise the latest NOTA or only the specific version it was released for?

Avid co-op spacebugs players want to know!
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

last version of spacebugs was for nota 1.52

http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=1548
smokingwreckage

Post by smokingwreckage »

OK cool.

We've gotten many hours of fine entertainment out of Spacebugs, IMO currently the premium and most flavoursome Chicken.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

You should consider making up a new unit category for bombers or i.e. a new air category for everything besides strategic bombers. Currently it seems you've tweaked things to work via bombers flying out of rocket AA range in terms of simply flying too high. I recently noticed though that this can fail on maps like tabula when having AA on high ground. In that case even rocket AA like Pulverizers can shoot down strategic bombers...
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

i suggest to adjust subs to be able to pass shalows like on map nationsV1 and others. Perhaps make same deppth like BA?
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Torpedo planes are meant to be able to attack hovers?
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

Torpedo planes attacking hovers is one of those things that we never intended originally, but we've never had a problem with either.

we probably won't change the water depth for subs. Weird things happen with subs if you have it too low. They'll go underground in the shallows and then blow themselves up with their torpedos.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

NOTA is cool mang.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

You could add a button to make the subs change depth, or even surface, so they can travel in the shallows.
localhosed

Post by localhosed »

I found the bug causing some units to not be able to fire in NOTA 1.57 beta. It was a typo in weapons\MISSILES.TDF and though i think its likely you guys have fixed it already I would like to help if i can and will offer to help in the future. Here :

[ARMKBOT_MISSILE]
etcetera etcetera
*reloadtime=4.4;/5.4*

to

reloadtime=4.4;//5.4

see you all in game sometime!
thesleepless

Post by thesleepless »

hmm found a bit of a bug. the seaplane plant can't be hit by torpedoes.
torpedoes just pass right over it.
torp.jpg
(72.57 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
otherwise, i found NOTA to be awesome to play. needs a lot of polish, but as far as gameplay goes, top notch!
Thor
NOTA Developer

Re: NOTA 1.57

Post by Thor »

NOTA 1.57 released: http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=2109

Here's the changelog:

v1.57
-Added Alchemist's king of the hill game mode to NOTA. Set the hill by giving an extra start box.
Any ground unit can take control of the hill, but to claim time on the hill you must have exclusive control.
-Got rid of dependencies for OTA content. All content is now included in the mod
-Integrated spacebugs into NOTA as a mod option
-Light plasma (hammer/thud) now does 70% damage to medium armor instead of 65% from before
-Core Tracker bombs area of effect increased to 350. Damage increased to 2000. They now take 2 minutes to build each.
-Increased damage for side and rear hits to most tanks
-Fixed some problems with collisions on the underwater seaplane platforms
-Fixed transportable turrets
-Increased reverse speed for tanks
-Lowered buildtime for spy kbots
-Lowered annihilator cost
-Lowered reload time for lvl1 anti-air kbots (crasher and jethro)
Thor
NOTA Developer

Re: NOTA 1.58

Post by Thor »

1.58 released: http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=2122

Changelog:

v1.58

-Bulldog, indian, warrior, HAK, phoenix, and hurricane all now built at tech 1 rather than tech 2 labs.
They become available to build once you (or a teammate of the same faction) have the tech 2 nanotower of the type(tank, kbot, or air) to which they belong
-Tech 2 nanotower energy cost and buildtime increased
-Advanced factory metal cost decreased by about 200
-Moho mine energy cost increased 20%
-Bulldog hitpoints lowered from 2800 to 2500
-Warrior speed, range increased
-HAK range increased
-Rocket Kbot hitpoints slightly increased
-Fixed some problems with beam weapons not firing, not doing full damage
Gota

Post by Gota »

Thor think you can include,as a mod option,a walking commander?
maybe remove the dgun and just make it have a lot of hp and a laser gun.
Strategia

Post by Strategia »

There's a host option, and you can build a Commander Gantry late-game.
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

There's a mod option to start with a commander and base. We didn't think it played very well with just a commander (the build tree isn't suited for it and it lead to early game vashp and toadfoot assasinations)
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

Just a few comments:

Most important: Fix the custom formation widget (i.e. include a fixed one). When having reached a certain amount of units you want to give orders to it won't do anything but give you an error and every following is going to be a new "edge" of that dran dotted line. After setting some of these it crashes your entire Lua...

Then there is your decision of putting some T2 stuff to T1 labs. I don't get the idea behind it and also don't think it was a good idea. It especially makes the T2 tank lab a bit worthless except for the Merls & Diplomats. If I can have my Bulldogs at T1 why should I care about building an expensive lab?

Finally another comment about Arm's T2 AA Tank. I didn't do any "research" but it felt utterly weak for its costs and tech level. You need several shots for any plane with ground fighting ability and the reload time is very high. From my perception any Jethro does a better job than this tank...
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

That custom formation widget is driving me crazy. Don't get me started on it. If anyone knows were to get a non-broken version of it that'd be really helpful. Last I checked both BA and CA were using broken versions of it also, though it's not nearly as much of a problem in those mods as it is for nota.

In defense of the bulldog it's not very different from the reaper. More HP (2500 instead of app 2000), but it's slower, costs a tiny bit more, and has slightly less power and range on the gun.

Those aa trucks aren't terrible. I think it's 2 shots for a vashp, 3 for a napalm bomber. They've got good speed and range too.
[Krogoth86]

Post by [Krogoth86] »

smartie wrote:In defense of the bulldog it's not very different from the reaper. More HP (2500 instead of app 2000), but it's slower, costs a tiny bit more, and has slightly less power and range on the gun.
My point wasn't really about Bulldog vs another unit but the Bulldog being available from a T1 lab...
smartie wrote:Those aa trucks aren't terrible. I think it's 2 shots for a vashp, 3 for a napalm bomber. They've got good speed and range too.
Well I just looked it up:
A Hermes rocket deals about 320 damage - a Jethro rocket deals about 100 damage. So it's pretty much like three Jethros equal one Hermes. One Hermes costs you more than 5 Jethros though and this way you get about the doubled damage output with the Jethros. The Hermes' only advantages are speed (not that important as it's probably being used as a guard for slow tanks & stuff) and range (which sure is nice but yet again as it's about a mobile guard for something it isn't that much of an issue). Not mentioning that with the Jethros you get 2.5 times the HP amount...

That's why I say it's not too impressive for a T2 tank...

Return to “NOTA”