NOTA 1.82 - Page 14

NOTA 1.82

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

Thor wrote:Next version is probably still a few weeks away. It is already much improved in a lot of areas though, especially the naval combat. And yes, mex output has been increased somewhat, from 65% of AA to 75%, which is really a larger change than it sounds.
I hope when you say "improved naval combat" that doesn't mean you nerfed my destroyers. Destroying an enemy base from the sea is what I love best! Oh and did you get Carriers to work now? It kinda sucks to have to my planes be forced all the way back to my base for refueling during a long range air strike mission, i would love to have them refuel at sea with a few carriers. And will you also increase the MM output? 0.4M for 60E is just painful, and not even worth the cost in active unit slots.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

j5mello wrote:just some minor comments after some games and wandering around the mod on modinfo...

-is the Arm Pod suppose to be something similar to the Krog? cause if it is shouldn't it at least be in the heavy armor category? right now it isn't... not sure if that actually would help or hinder it combat ability but right now i don't see a reason to use it (besides the whole spam wings thing)

-Wings need tweaking... im sure you've addressed this on your dev versions but its definitely an issue. Maybe changing their weapon to use energy per shot would make it more difficult to swarm the things rather than tweaking their fuel total or usage...

and a question posed to everyone... can anyone see the flares dropped by stealth fighters? i can't is that a glitch on my end or what?
The pod isn't really a direct counterpart to the krogoth. If you look at the cost, it's only 2500 metal, or three goliaths. And for that you get 8000 hitpoints, 400 DPS, and 1100 range, more than mobile artillery. They also have extremely fast autoheal. The armor classes just affect resistance to weapon types, and don't always correspond directly to hitpoints. You could think of hitpoints as overall structural integrity, and armor as the ability to avoid damage in the first place, so heavy tanks are on one end of the scale, able to avoid damage from most weapons, since they can't get through the armor to hit the vulnerable insides of the tank, but vulnerable to anti-armor weapons that do, while something like pods or raptors are on the other end, with relatively high hitpoints but lower resistance to normal weapons.

Good idea about the energy, I think it will work quite well to discourage swarming. Overall cost has been increased as well. I haven't been able to see flares for a long time, I remember them disappearing after a spring release.

Quanto, destroyers are one of the things that have been changed, but trust me! It is for the better. They weren't exactly nerfed though, in fact I would say they are more useful than ever.

I am working on adding cruisers first, and will get to carriers after that, since they won't work until .75 anyway. I guess increasing MM's makes sense since metal is going to be more plentiful in general anyway.
tombom

Post by tombom »

I'm pretty sure flares disappearing is a Spring bug that might be fixed next version. Maybe it was supposed to be fixed this one, I can't remember.
Thor wrote:metal is going to be more plentiful in general anyway.
Thank God.
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

Adalore

Post by Adalore »

Hurray!

Look'n forward to some good ol' NOTA combat.

But is there any way the core "WTFBQQ" big airship get cannons rather then bombs? I want to be able to shoot the flak spam under my ship with out Hit or miss, the distrance is great so it can be TOO acruate vurses moving targets.
smartie
NOTA Developer

Post by smartie »

:| :x Is anyone getting any crashes? Neither thor or I had any problems testing it, but one guy said it kept crashing for him.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

worked fine for me though i may have possibly found a bug... core's new cruiser's torpedo launchers don't move when firing...

also it looks like its got a repair pad on its back (has same tex as the talwar) but nothing seems to land their....
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

I think they do move, but it's hard to see cause they're so small. The cruiser's repair pad is smaller than a normal one and is just for fighters and other smaller planes.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

upon my second inspection of the the unit i am labeling myself a dunce... from TA the torp launchers look like (atleast to me) that they would rotate out over the water... i did not realize that u were in fact dumping em like old school depth charges...

and yes the fighter bay works well...

well now all i need to do is play some damn games :)
chillaaa

Post by chillaaa »

*Dances* Hurray for new version!
Downloading now. I will try it out in spare time tonight.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

my main greivance is the incredible ease of having nano towers either repair eachother, making destroying them near impossible, or reclaiming, turning that sneaky attack into more metal for defens. wouldnt the best counter to a scout be 1-2 llts, an air unit, or scouts of your own? attacking nanos is basicly impossible early game atm
NightfallGemini

Post by NightfallGemini »

Adalore wrote:Hurray!

Look'n forward to some good ol' NOTA combat.

But is there any way the core "WTFBQQ" big airship get cannons rather then bombs? I want to be able to shoot the flak spam under my ship with out Hit or miss, the distrance is great so it can be TOO acruate vurses moving targets.
My personal thought on the Centurion is that it's already really really good especially if you control it in FPS mode. Plus, it makes a great flying bomb and it's quick to make with some L1 constructors.

For the Krog of the air, it's quite spammable.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

I dunno, I always thought the centurion sucked terrrible, and a few bombers could have more effect on the enemy than it.
[XIII]Roxas

Post by [XIII]Roxas »

First of all, great mod, Thor.

1) Is there any way that the Arm 'Conquistador' Railgun cruiser can have a different projectile or, failing that, a different explosion effect? I just think it'd fit the cruiser better.

2) Is the Centurion's laser batteries supposed to be able to hit the ground? When it's flying at it's max height, the lasers fall short of the ground.

Thanks!

Roxas.
tombom

Post by tombom »

The new release is pretty fun but one problem: Flying Wings are somewhat OP.
TheBigPK

Post by TheBigPK »

Awesome mod I've been having a ton of fun on single player :D, the ships look amazing very well done :)
Adalore

Post by Adalore »

I have located a bug! a rather annoying one too.

the anti sub hover that were added in 1.22.

They like firing when ever they see a sub and some times thats when they are on land so they promptly commit suicide by using the torps AoE.

Edit : Bah I really ought to read this over before posting (changing to make more sense.)
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

heh, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks Adalore.
The new release is pretty fun but one problem: Flying Wings are somewhat OP.
Are you sure they're overpowered? Even if some people do still spam wings, it doesn't necessarily mean they're overpowered. Spamming a mixed toadfoot/hellfish force is just as cost effective against an army, and a LOT less vulnerable to fighters. Wings are good because unlike all the other ground attack planes, they aren't constrained by long reload times, so they can concentrate firepower and can keep shooting without having to make a second pass. Wings are supposed to be a good unit, something the arm can use to break through heavier defenses in the late game, and they've already had a huge nerf, mostly from the price increase, but also from the missile towers/lvl2 AA truck damage increase.
First of all, great mod, Thor.

1) Is there any way that the Arm 'Conquistador' Railgun cruiser can have a different projectile or, failing that, a different explosion effect? I just think it'd fit the cruiser better.

2) Is the Centurion's laser batteries supposed to be able to hit the ground? When it's flying at it's max height, the lasers fall short of the ground.

Thanks!

Roxas.
1) hmm, I really like that effect. What specifically don't you like about it?

2)They're supposed to just be point defense lasers for killing fighters. Unfortunately there is no way to stop lasers from shooting at things outside their range vertically, so they shoot at planes near the ground though I'd rather they wouldn't.
my main greivance is the incredible ease of having nano towers either repair eachother, making destroying them near impossible, or reclaiming, turning that sneaky attack into more metal for defens. wouldnt the best counter to a scout be 1-2 llts, an air unit, or scouts of your own? attacking nanos is basicly impossible early game atm
I know. It isn't really a problem in the games cake and me usually play, which are just 1vs1's on decently sized maps, but since most people seem to want to play NOTA in games of 6 or more people on non-huge maps, you get a lot more porcing, and most of the fighting ends up being over bases themselves rather than territory. So yeah, I think you're right, it just ends up slowing the game down by making it harder to pull off a quick decisive blow.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

i would have to agree with roxas' comment about the railgun arty.

seeing the name i was definitely not expecting to see a plasma ball as a projectile. the current explosion is cool but combined with the standard plasma ball projectile it doesn't really seem to mesh with the name...
[XIII]Roxas

Post by [XIII]Roxas »

Well, I was thinking that the railgun projectile, as j5mello said, isn't fitting for the explosion.

I was wondering, would you rather change the projectile, or explosion?

By the way, the turrets look like mini-shore defense guns. Might wanna make those railguns too, eh?

Return to “NOTA”