NOTA-TV - Page 2

NOTA-TV

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

PepeAmpere

Re: NOTA-TV

Post by PepeAmpere »

danil_kalina wrote:btw3: we can watch a real-time play in the lobby, Battle Room. we need to make autohost use this widget for creating unit position.
dont give the people all the sugar in one opportunity ;)
dansan wrote:best idea ever!
too many issues to solve now - before starting works on this real-time lobby watching (or dealyed real-time watching or just game status screen sending as we discussed on dev meetings), i will support the creating the TV page/lobby screen with neverending broadcasting + chat under it.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

I found some time to finish and test the NOTA-TV widget version for use in other games. At the same time i noticed there was no public alone-release of this file (it was just allways part of out NOTA-pack), so here it is.
Attachments
nota_tv_0_65.zip
NOTA-TV
(11.88 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
MasterZH

Post by MasterZH »

Why it don't record normal game while you play? (or there is no option for this)
How CPU heavy is this widget?
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

MasterZH wrote:Why it don't record normal game while you play? (or there is no option for this)
How CPU heavy is this widget?
For some users it can be "heavy", so default setting is OFF for non-spectators.

If you have strong pc or dont care about smoothness, you can record while play of course. Just change line 21 of widget from

Code: Select all

enabled   = enableTV, --  loaded by default?
to

enabled   = true, --  loaded by default?
Btw. Users of notalobby can force it to record by special option in springoptions - settings -> ingame -> settings file -> TVEnabled = 1
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

I finally made additional media upload to replays possible. Sorry it took so looong...

If an "owner" (uploader) of a replays is logged in, he will see a link "»»» Upload media files. «««" on a replay page. Then images or other files can be uploaded.

Additional users can be allowed by the uploader, if he sends me a PM with their lobby-nicks.

I uploaded an image and your cool NOTA-TV to http://replays.springrts.com/replay/a34 ... a79b8f899/ to test it. You will see that the SVG is a problem. It almost kills my FF. I can just link to it, so that browsers will open it maximized. I know there are some controls possible, but I have no knowledge about it. If you investigate that and can create an example-html-page somewhere, or a patch @github, that would be nice.

If you want to play around a bit with the upload feature, log into the test-site: http://replays-test.springrts.com with your/any lobby-account, upload a replay, and upload stuff - the test-site is for screwing around - a sandbox, so don't hold back :)
smoth

Post by smoth »

with as helpful as you have become, when are we seeing dansama?
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

smoth wrote:with as helpful as you have become, when are we seeing dansama?
When I receive the moderator status, I will rename :mrgreen:
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

Dansan, thx for news. I will test ASAP, which means till Septemeber ends, for sure ;).

Btw, the issue with FF is well know to us, Chrome and Opera playing is much smoother. Problem for FF is not the size, but numbers of icons moving at the same time (maybe lack of memory, maybe just not optimalized calculation of moves) and not simple icon images.

I made new version TV widget, which does just dots replays (for all games not killing 3rd-persons widgets), no complicated vector icons, which can be handled by FF way smoother.

We still discuss the incorporation of widget in gamefile OR lobby (and our lobby "installer") (im for lobby solution, which makes possible use TV for players of all games without additional manipulation with lua files).
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

Media uploads are possible (since 9'13) as the "owner" of a replay. Additional accounts for a owner are possible (send PM): http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 13#p546813

As a naming scheme I suggest

NOTATV-<gameID>.svg
because gameID is the only unique identifier of a spring match.
You should also add the gameID to the SVGs metadata to be resilient against accidental file renames.

If you need a different upload mechanism or display, tell me. HTML/CSS/JS snippets welcome, as that is not my strength.

I am currently... trying... to rewrite the site in a CMS. I hope that this will make it in the future easier to modify the site per mod.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

GAMEID is currently part of metadata, as specified in first post.

Ok, we rename files.

notatv-<game_id>.svg
(lowercase)

Return to “NOTA”