NOTA MEDIA materials - screens, videos, ideas - Page 3

NOTA MEDIA materials - screens, videos, ideas

Moderators: smartie, Thor, PepeAmpere, Moderators, Content Developer

PepeAmpere

Re: NOTA MEDIA materials - screens, videos, ideas

Post by PepeAmpere »

great comics, PoW! great story, good screens, love souls of our bots. :mrgreen: I would add link to replay file, too. People wouldnt trust, this happned.
MasterZH

Post by MasterZH »

Mod:NOTA 1.79i
Map: Valles Marineris V2
Duration: 33:01
Date:19.10.2013
Team1(won):thor+pow+pheebas
Team2:TheFace+owl984+danil_killer

Small story from (small)pow.
Again i strongly recommend to open image in new window.
(on pepes request FULL AMAZING QUALITY with not so amazing size of 7,7MB)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

The Trailer is excellent.. until 3:33

Then a second trailer for a entire diffrent gamemode begins, that someone has forgot to cut into its own video.

Really. Its so good work, its one huge story arc, well fitting with the music, excellent camerawork, excellent coloursheming, everything is great.. make it perfect.
MasterZH

Post by MasterZH »

PicassoCT wrote:The Trailer is excellent.. until 3:33

Then a second trailer for a entire diffrent gamemode begins, that someone has forgot to cut into its own video.

Really. Its so good work, its one huge story arc, well fitting with the music, excellent camerawork, excellent coloursheming, everything is great.. make it perfect.
Thanks for such kind respond. Of course its still NOTA but i agree that it didnt fit whole trailer that well.
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

The trailer really is amazing. I personally liked the beginning showing the basebuilding - there's so much detail in these brief scenes, and in a few seconds it communicates to the viewer a lot about the kind of rts game that this is and the kind of scale that it's about. That's something this trailer does far better than your typical trailer for an rts game- it shows all actual gameplay- it doesn't mislead the viewer like so many rts trailers have a tendency to do. I especially liked the snowy base with units coming out of factories and the transports moving some turrets - it only lasts a few seconds, but it fit well with the sense of building towards something given by the music. Camera work throughout was great and you perfectly captured the feel of so many of the units. Some of my favorites scenes: the spy plane- the way the camera swoops up to meet it and then turns to follow was really well done and gives a sense of the speed and altitude of that unit. The battleship duel: the camera angle was perfect, low to the water, as these two behemoths pummelled each other at close range, bombs and broken airplane pieces splashing in the water around them. Also, I realized recently that that was my black hydra :o :-) ! From this ridiculous 3 hr game:http://replays.springrts.com/replay/dc8 ... 797174d8b/ And it was Godde's sea dragon! The napalm bombers: this might be my favorite scene. The helicopter style cam and fast cuts are perfect as the bombers zoom through the AA fire and engulf everything in flames. I agree that the spacebugs part probably would have been a bit better off as a standalone trailer or something. It's not that there's anything wrong with it, but this trailer ends on such a perfect note at 3:33 that you really can't top it. I guess what I love most about the trailer is that it feels like more than just an advertisement for the mod or engine: it also feels like the perfect commemoration of all the great games and great times we've had over the years here.

On a related note, your nexus:the jupiter incident trailer on youtube finally spurred me to get that game a little while ago. It's a really beautiful and interesting game, and it makes me sad that the nexus 2 kickstarter failed.
MasterZH

Post by MasterZH »

Thor wrote:The trailer really is amazing. I personally liked the beginning showing the basebuilding - there's so much detail in these brief scenes, and in a few seconds it communicates to the viewer a lot about the kind of rts game that this is and the kind of scale that it's about. That's something this trailer does far better than your typical trailer for an rts game- it shows all actual gameplay- it doesn't mislead the viewer like so many rts trailers have a tendency to do. I especially liked the snowy base with units coming out of factories and the transports moving some turrets - it only lasts a few seconds, but it fit well with the sense of building towards something given by the music. Camera work throughout was great and you perfectly captured the feel of so many of the units. Some of my favorites scenes: the spy plane- the way the camera swoops up to meet it and then turns to follow was really well done and gives a sense of the speed and altitude of that unit. The battleship duel: the camera angle was perfect, low to the water, as these two behemoths pummelled each other at close range, bombs and broken airplane pieces splashing in the water around them. Also, I realized recently that that was my black hydra :o :-) ! From this ridiculous 3 hr game:http://replays.springrts.com/replay/dc8 ... 797174d8b/ And it was Godde's sea dragon! The napalm bombers: this might be my favorite scene. The helicopter style cam and fast cuts are perfect as the bombers zoom through the AA fire and engulf everything in flames. I agree that the spacebugs part probably would have been a bit better off as a standalone trailer or something. It's not that there's anything wrong with it, but this trailer ends on such a perfect note at 3:33 that you really can't top it. I guess what I love most about the trailer is that it feels like more than just an advertisement for the mod or engine: it also feels like the perfect commemoration of all the great games and great times we've had over the years here.

On a related note, your nexus:the jupiter incident trailer on youtube finally spurred me to get that game a little while ago. It's a really beautiful and interesting game, and it makes me sad that the nexus 2 kickstarter failed.
Now this is kind of feedback which really push you to do another. Thanks for kind words thor.
PepeAmpere

Post by PepeAmpere »

MasterZH wrote:
Thor wrote:The trailer really is amazing...
Now this is kind of feedback which really push you to do another. Thanks for kind words thor.
You deserve it. And Thor is great in weaving words which contain sugar and truth at the same time. :regret:
MasterZH

New NOTaTALE!

Post by MasterZH »

Its been a long time since i made any NOTaTALE for nota... Maybe because of not too many games played in this year. Anyway with some players coming back recently, 1 proper NOTaTALE was born! Choose high quality PNG for best quality comics.

HIGEST QUALITY PNG version (14,2 Mb)
LOWER QUALITY JPG version (2 Mb)

Replay is available HERE.

- I started this comics just after the game and it was around midnight. I apologize that its not that readable, laziness forced me to release it ASAP without too much polishing.

- First pics, introducing players, represent:

Kmar - Sarah Kerrigan: psychic terran & queen of swarm
Pepe - Loki: son of a frost giant, lover of deception and chaos
Thor - Thor: norse god of thunder
Pow - Nicholas Fury: former director of S.H.I.E.L.D

- Mr. kmar lost his hill expansion, i lost middle and we were facing very VERY early T2 goly spam by pepe. Hands down pepe teched so fast i almost had heart attack when i saw first goly, rolling over everything i had, with no mercy. In time of first goly playing with my army i barely started working on my T2 tower... Thor kept me and kmar occupied and alowed pepe to build wonders. Kmars choice to go T2 air was huge surprised and felt almost like trolling when been facing huge army approaching. I yelled and cursed on my ally for giving up everything just to play with few gliders. Just as stubborn old-fashion general i didnt recognize and expel any other then land army. Kmar showed his master-plan and power of airforce, literally when enemy reached doorstep of my base. I was slowly turning my head away and hitting self-d keys when everything happened. My hero mav crushed enemy bots fast as Wild Bill Hickok and kmars air killed all slow golys. After this epic show in front of my destroyed base, we never stepped back and keep rolling forward with my mighty gunmen.
- Being quite ungrateful to kmar in comics, is totally misplaced and unprofessional. He was more then helpful and reliable ally. I just couldnt resist. I dont like this guy too much but our coop was legendary. Huge thanks to mr. kmar.
- This comics represent only few nice scenes and my point of view. There could be way more and even some of showed moments can be understand differently by rest of participants. For this or any upcoming comics please keep in mind that facts could be altered in favor of better looking story. Therefore dont feel offended.
- Dark guardian is just buggy laser tower shadow. Its actually on hill nearby.
- Weird thing sticking fro hill (reffering to something interesting hidden inside) is arm transport. They cant get altitude quick enough so they often "facepalm" any wall till they climb up.
- Mavs quote "Me amigo's. Que pasa?" is just random quote from Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009) movie. Sid made nice impression there. https://vimeo.com/20978490
- Kmar suggested to back up before hill probably because he was unaware of units and situation on land, busy with micro of air. Just see me rolling too far and approaching place which can be even with small forces defended very successfully. However i had pretty accurate informations chasing pepe, what to expect so it was safe.
danil_kalina

Post by danil_kalina »

The Carrot rules! :mrgreen:
Thor
NOTA Developer

Post by Thor »

Great comic! That was truly an epic game. The sprinter comments are hilarious. :lol:
123vtemp

Post by 123vtemp »

I loved the comic!

Return to “NOTA”