CursedBot_1 autohost

CursedBot_1 autohost

Azaremoth's epic game about bones, undead, demons and magic set in a futuristic environment.

Moderator: Content Developer

ThinkSome

CursedBot_1 autohost

Post by ThinkSome »

@azaremoth: so far there are about 10 MB of CursedBot_1 logs (battleroom and PM chat, match infologs, startscripts and unitsync logs,...), if you wish to have them.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Re: CursedBot_1 autohost

Post by azaremoth »

Yes please - these will help bug hunting and balancing.
raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

There's a major issue with the current cursed version on that host.

People can't choose their starting position!

readying up and "forcestart" still allow people to play, but they can end up poorly positioned depending on the map.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

That sounds like missing default startboxes. Actually, I was hoping to prevent this issue by the implementation of game-side startboxes with version 1.437 in case nothing is defined by the host. I am currently away from home until end of this week and will have a look in the game-side then.

@ThinkSome: can we "reset" the autohost and have standard east vs. west startboxes (that may be adapted by players in the Lobby in case they do not fit)? It also looks like were no uploads of replays for several months.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

The only reset possible is deleting the saved boxes file => no boxes on any map.

Options:
1) someone goes through all ~200 maps and defines boxes
2) boxes are copied over from the most used host, worldatwarII_rapid
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Option 2 sounds more reasonable to me. :-)

Going through all the maps to (re-)define the startboxes is nothing I am very keen on.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

ah, but the cursed uses a different set of maps (maplist), so option 2 will not work for those and someone would still have to go through and do it on the 10 remaining maps.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Well, that would be me then. How is the format for the box coordinates? Same as If entered in the lobby?
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

I've copied the boxes file from rapid2, current contents are https://think.nsupdate.info/s44/misc/ra ... dBoxes.dat
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

@Thinksome: Thank you! Mescaline and Ravaged are missing on this list. I added them and placed the file on GitHub https://raw.githubusercontent.com/azare ... pBoxes.dat

Btw. can we please define Spring 104 as standard?

And there is an issue with the replay upload: "[15:03:20] * CursedBot_1 * Failed to upload demo file!" Any idea how this is caused? Are the links to the .py scripts still up-to-date?

Thx for the support in advance! :-)

@raaar: Have you used the version 1.437? For me the game side definitions for start boxes did show up ingame as expected after by-passing the error messages. I did implement this (function from ZeroK) as it will fix starting from spring.exe or Chobby. Please let me know if the problem is still is present with 1.437 even if no start boxes are defined by the lobby.

raaar
Metal Factions Developer

Post by raaar »

The issue continues to happen.

Same host, same map (ravaged), "!split v 20" to set start zones (game wouldn't start otherwise). But then when the game starts those SW/NE non-rectagular boxes appear instead and if I click them nothing happens (instead of setting the start pos).
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

Mapboxes have been updated.

Spring 104 as standard is possible, but will take some time for me to clear 1GB disk space or patch it around for it to start.

Uploading does not work because the uploader account has been deleted again. I'll try getting some ingame time on it to fix it for a few years.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Thank you! :-)

Ingame time is needed in order to keep the account? That sounds like bureacracy....
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

The new uploader account has 2h of spectator time, hopefully this will work. I think patching 104 will be easier than clearing 1GB.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

Code: Select all

diff --git a/rts/System/FileSystem/DataDirLocater.cpp b/rts/System/FileSystem/DataDirLocater.cpp
index 3ac1d638a..bf43080c3 100644
--- a/rts/System/FileSystem/DataDirLocater.cpp
+++ b/rts/System/FileSystem/DataDirLocater.cpp
@@ -462,7 +462,7 @@ void DataDirLocater::Check()
        throw content_error(errstr);
    }

-   if (Platform::FreeDiskSpace(writeDir->path) <= 1024)
+   if (Platform::FreeDiskSpace(writeDir->path) <= 101) // 101 MB
        throw content_error("not enough free space on drive containing writeable data-directory " + writeDir->path);

ChangeCwdToWriteDir();

maybe
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

azaremoth wrote:Ingame time is needed in order to keep the account? That sounds like bureacracy....
It is a cleanup process to get rid of unused account. Criteria is something like "created a year ago and never played a game". Unfortunately that matches also autohost bots, as they only spectate.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

ThinkSome wrote: maybe
Why ist the clean-up needed anyway? How did the other games do it?
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

All other games use <104 and I don't have a gigabyte free on the server. As far as the account cleanup is concerned, it is a direct result of bad retention. And that is a direct result of clearing old accounts instead of having their emails and mailing them reminders when they had not showed up for a while.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

CursedBot_1 is now using Spring 104.0.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Yeah! Pefect - thank you. It is running smoothly and the replays also do upload again. But shouldn't the autohost also auto-update to new Cursed versions. It did not pay attention to version 1.438 somehow...

Return to “The Cursed”