Random screen freeze in Cursed 1.10

Azaremoth's epic game about bones, undead, demons and magic set in a futuristic environment.

Moderator: Content Developer

knorke

Post by knorke »

When playing Cursed vs Picasso we both had random screen freezing, maybe related to fire weapons. Looking at burning units caused no fps drops so its not that the computers are too weak to run some effects.
When pyros started firing the screen froze for several seconds. Picasso lagged out once because of it. Just watched the replay at 5x speed and noticed no slow downs. Dont know if it only happens online or if replay uses different spring settings.

I suspect its either
<NomoredrunkenPosting> there is a script checking if other units need assistance.. it produces lag
or the something with the burning units/pyro weapon.
Or maybe just some totally different.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Re: Random screen freeze in Cursed 1.10

Post by azaremoth »

knorke wrote:it produces lag or the something with the burning units/pyro weapon. Or maybe just some totally different.
It is the flame jitter effect (LUPS). But I have uploaded a fix for it about 2 hours ago. 8) It removes all LUPS effects from the synced code. All the unsynced effects can be deactivated with F11 => LupsManager if they cause performance issues.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Great mod, by the way, only thing which i have to complain about are the icons. Everything else is leet-quality.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

PicassoCT wrote:Great mod, by the way, only thing which i have to complain about are the icons. Everything else is leet-quality.
Please be more specific here. Do you refer to the stretched icons in the selection windows (I`ll fix that somewhen). Or don`t you like the optics of the buttons?
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

I didnt grasp the meaning of the buttons. I was in game as cursed (knorke speced that perv) and didnt realize there was a lvl 2 of basebuildings and units. I still one, exploiting good old TA-Expansion against a noob, but not until i clicked by accident on the upgrade to obelisk button did i get to the awesome part of owning through superior firepower.

Also though your game is awesome, i suck at it (as i do with most games, but then, as i play against noobs most of my time, this makes me excellent starter-material ;) )

More specific- also really really sweet models.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

PicassoCT wrote:I didnt grasp the meaning of the buttons. I was in game as cursed (knorke speced that perv) and didnt realize there was a lvl 2 of basebuildings and units. I still one, exploiting good old TA-Expansion against a noob, but not until i clicked by accident on the upgrade to obelisk button did i get to the awesome part of owning through superior firepower.
Ok - I see. I made the special buttons more or less purple to have a little contrast to the others. I guess I should finish the gameplay/unitguide. There are some buildtrees on azaremoth.supremedesign.org => The Cursed. I hope you didn't miss Tier2 for the imperial guards though. :wink:
PicassoCT wrote:Also though your game is awesome, i suck at it (as i do with most games, but then, as i play against noobs most of my time, this makes me excellent starter-material ;) )
Well - I also suck on my own game against most TA players who had the chance to get to know the units. :wink:

Return to “The Cursed”