Latest "The Cursed" available here - Page 9

Latest "The Cursed" available here

Azaremoth's epic game about bones, undead, demons and magic set in a futuristic environment.

Moderator: Content Developer

azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Re: Latest "The Cursed" available here

Post by azaremoth »

code_man wrote:Im the wrong guy to ask this.
This was actually an open question to everybody. :-)
FLOZi - any ideas from you side?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

rockpapershotgun.com very often post articles about obscure tiny free games, maybe send them a mail?

Otherwise I heard it's all about being featured by youtubers nowadays, but I'm the wrong generation to understand how that works.
gajop

Post by gajop »

I like non typical spring games like this one, but I only ever played it in testing.
Are there ever any multiplayer games?
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

I have uploaded a new version via rapid. It has superweapons, a slightly improved UI and lot of code optimizations that free tons of CPU power for severely increased performance 8)
  • Major changes 1.413 => 1.414

Balance
    - increased velocity of machine-gun like weapons to be more effective against fast targets
    - increased costs for the imperial techcenter to be upgraded with shields to 500 (vs. 300)
    - heal aura of heroes and witches will not add up anymore
    - reduced accuracy loss and increased reload speed gain a little for units in a frenzy aura
    - imperial hover tanks do 10% more damage
    - upgraded techcenters will leave more reclaimable metal
    - reduced repair speed of tier 1 mobile units by 17%

Features
    - added nuke launcher (as upgrade for the tech center) as super-weapon for the imperials
    - added hellstorm (as upgrade for the cursed altar) as super-weapon for the cursed
    - imperial powerplants will cause damage to all close units and buildings after being killed

Bugs
    - imperial priests will no longer hurt allied skeletal units
    - aura related particles will no longer spawn for burrowed units (they are not impacted by auras)
    - fixed recursion errors when burrowed units are killed (there was no real recursion but Spring is more picky about it now)

Polishing
    - added normal maps for: imperial solar and metal extractor lvl1, cursed blade, soulstone and soulcage
    - improved the visibility of the build ranges for the cursed obelisks massively
    - optimized lua code to avoid performance issues when lots of units were effected by auras
    - optimized the UI
code_man

Post by code_man »

Awesome, i was looking forward to this for a while.

Altough was a tad dissapointed, i expected some cool temple of nod style superweapon structure for the imperials.
But this brought me on a interesting idea, how about a chronosphere style teleportation ability?
It is after all in the story line so it could be nicely integrated.

Also i noticed some small problems, first the skirmish ai doesnt rebuild heroes once they die.
Another thing is that heroes when they level up lose their command queue and also all units assigned to guard herores and the like lost that order too.
Maybe it would be possible to remove leveling up trough a new system entirely that doesnt remove and spawn a new unit.
Last but not least, it seems ai doesnt build/upgrade advanced mexes, that would be a nice feature.
Otherwise im impressed by the smooth quality of the skirmish and undead invasion gameplay.

The new ui looks sweet too.

Keep up the great work, i hope this game gets the attention it deserves one day.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

But this brought me on a interesting idea, how about a chronosphere style teleportation ability?
Why not. ZeroK has the lua scripts already place - thus the implementation should be easy. Any thoughts on the details?
Another thing is that heroes when they level up lose their command queue and also all units assigned to guard herores and the like lost that order too.
OK - working on it. Spring's habit to identify recursions everywhere is hampering my progress.
Also i noticed some small problems, first the skirmish ai doesnt rebuild heroes once they die.
I will try to fix that after the command queue thing.
Maybe it would be possible to remove leveling up trough a new system entirely that doesnt remove and spawn a new unit.
Changing hps, weapon stats and several other parameters is easy. Other stuff, like additional special abilities, increased jumping distances, ... are out of reach for my lua skills. Maybe - one day - I will integrate a derivative of ZeroK's modular commanders code. Think of buying your hero skills, additional hp,... with the gained xps...
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

It might be easier to read, save and reapply the hero unit queue, as well as scan all units for order with the hero unit id as target and edit them.

Because yes, there's a limit on how much you can change a unit without replacing it by a new one.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

True, true - that is also the way I did it. Well not for the enemy units targeting heroes yet. New version is ready and uploaded to rapid.

[list]> Major changes 1.414 => 1.415

Balance
- reduced explosion range of suicide blobs and rigor mortis by 10%
- increased damage done by imperial marines by 7%
- maximum slow amount for witches is 100% now
- killed AI heroes will be rebuild after 120s

Bugs
- removed potential to run into Spring's misinterpretation of potential recursions from several gadgets

Polishing
- heros will not forget the given commands during/after leveling[/list]
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

A smaller update is on SVN now. Fighting the AI will become a little more challanging now - code_man - I hope AI controlled heroes are a pain now. :wink:

[list]> Major changes 1.415 => 1.416

Balance
- Made heroes, AI builder and AI factories not capturable to avoid exploits
- Agares should no longer shoot if allied units are in the line of fire
- AI heroes will gain levels more robustly now
- Imperial hovertanks move and accelerate faster now
- Imperial transporter can hold 8 soldiers now (+2)

Polishing
- added normal maps for: cursed hellfire tower
- updated the mancubus corpse to fit the polished model
- changed the look of bone dragon's fire balls[/list]
smoth

Post by smoth »

Cool, grabbed it off of moddb. been a while!
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

Autohost updated.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Thank you! :-)
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

A new version is out there on Rapid. It is mainly about normal maps (most big units and almost all buildings have normal maps now) for tons of units and the support of LuaMex. There is so much beauty in steel, flesh and bones!

[list]>> Major changes 1.416 => 1.420

Balance
- reduced repairspeed of necromancers, liches, obelisks (tier 1 & 2) and builderoids (tier 1 & 2) by 50%.
- increased damage dealt by imperial hovertanks by 20%
- imperial pyros will do 50% damage against heavy armor (vs. 75% as before)
- the cursed Agares will not cause selfdamage anymore

Polishing
- added normal maps for imperials: powerplant, laser tower, interceptor, scout aircraft, artillery tower, radar towers, scorpion, church, sanctum, builderoid and scout drone
- added normal maps for the cursed: acranius, agares, crawler, rigor mortis, purgatory, redeemer, seeker, blade, mermeoth, pestilence, suicide blobs, cursed heart, defender tower and mex lvl2, obelisk lvl2
- polished textures for the imperial church
- polished several existing normal maps
- added idle buidlers widget (indication builders and factories that do not have something to do)
- added a suicide button for the cursed rigor mortis (radar jammer & paralyse bomb)

Infrastructure
- atlased all textures for cursed flyers and mechanodemons for simplified maintenance
- added support for lua controled metal maps (Forb will like it)

[/list]

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

azaremoth wrote: - added support for lua controled metal maps (Forb will like it)
True story :-D

Make sure to star the repo so that you can get the latest goodness to it when it happens :-P
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

[list]Major changes 1.420 => 1.424

Balance
- increased teleport range for cursed mages by 10%
- increased weapon range for imperial marines by 10%
- reduced weapon range for cursed belial by 13%
- increased velocity of imperial walkers ans cursed belials by 9%
- Xenosect Goliaths will not spawn before 5 minutes of game time. These critters realy can ruin bases early on

Polishing
- resorted game options menu for lobbies
- optimized jumping behavior for GAIA and CAI controlled units
- imperial pyros and cursed ghouls will also jump towards attacking units if set to aggressive attack state
- improved cacodemon's weapon visuals
- added scaffolds for imperials barracks, bunkers and war factories being built by AI

Bugs
- added missing metal multiplier modoption
- added missing debris for imperials barracks and war factory if build by AI players
- fixed minimap button activating the metal map
- fixed metal income being too high after introduction of Lua Mex functionality

Features
- added area MEX buttons/functions[/list]
jamerlan
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by jamerlan »

sounds interesting! Youtube video would be nice
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

An updated video for youtube shown the new normal mapped beauty is a great idea. However, that will take some time to prepare. Maybe I will do a new one after the an updated installer is on indiedb. Meanwhile take a look on the old ones ;-)
azaremoth wrote:Don't forget to watch the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiBh8l200oo

And the other one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oah7Xt0CgVY
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

Now the autohost has a manual autoupdater (lol) and is running latest again.

What is needed now (and I cannot produce myself) is:
- a list of recommended/working maps for this game (I've started adding maplists to my other hosts)
- Azaremoth to start playing their own game (if you want to attract players while testing latest changes, latest git autohosts are possible as well, unless you are already self-hosting git rooms when devving, but I have never seen these -- it does not help that the IRC bridge /list is ugly to look at).

fyi since mid 2016 my rough assesment is that the room utilization is at about 1.1 games per week, a lot of which are not serious matches and last less than 10 minutes: https://think.nsupdate.info/s44/autohos ... rsedBot_1/
code_man

Post by code_man »

Very nice, i havent tried it yet but i sure have to, i need to play this way more.

I dont think i could have said what thinksome did any better, listen to him, hes a wise man.
Good work of him too, so we have a chance of it actually being played.
I hope one day the cursed gets the attention it deserves.

I will try to advertise the cursed in places where i hang out on whenever i can.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

ThinkSome wrote:Now the autohost has a manual autoupdater (lol) and is running latest again.
Thank you man! That is really appreciated!

For maps I prefer:
ArcticPlainsV2
badlands_2.1
barren_2
eye_of_horus_v13
iceland_v1
Mescaline_v2
onyx_cauldron_1.7
ravaged_v2
wanderlust_v03

...or newer versions. These maps combine beauty and a great lay out.

As far as playing my own game is concerned - since my daughter was born (1.75 years ago) my time for Spring and the Cursed is reduced significantly. Actually I only played something like two multiplayer matches of any Spring game (which was BA in that case) in the last two years or so. Thus I need to prioritize, while playing I can not fix or improve stuff. I can try to show more presence, but do not expect too much... I am very happy for help on the playing part!

Return to “The Cursed”