The Cursed 0.15

The Cursed 0.15

Azaremoth's epic game about bones, undead, demons and magic set in a futuristic environment.

Moderator: Content Developer

azaremoth
Cursed Developer

The Cursed 0.15

Post by azaremoth »

The Cursed 0.15
After days of bug hunting we have a working cursed release ready for testing. It works quite well with NTai XE10.1b (though the buildtree for the AI is altered and the AI will cheat a little).

Changes 0.14 => 0.15
- new unit: the redeemer, a tier 1 gunship that is quite useful against ground units
- the sledgehammer gunship will be available in tier 2 again
- made the skeletons, gunners and skeletal mages waterproof/amphibious. Only skeletons will be able to attack underwater
- made skeletal mages more accurate in order to be usefull against air targets again
- replaced the burrowing scripts and added a lua gadget that handels modified unit stats
- some fixes and little balancing

Download here:
http://www.springfiles.com/show_file.php?id=2140

Config file for NTai: https://svn.bountysource.com/cursed/tru ... Cursed.tdf
AF
AI Developer

Re: The Cursed 0.15

Post by AF »

hmm are you sure it actually works? You've defined task lists, but it doesn't appear you've assigned them to any units

Glad your working with it =]
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Now all it needs is hosts.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

dling :-)
Gota

Post by Gota »

Google_Frog wrote:Now all it needs is hosts.
Maybe also maps.
They probably wont be that different from regular maps but still,maps with The Cursed balance in mind.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

First you gotta figure out how the balance works before you can design maps for it specifically.
Gota

Post by Gota »

JohannesH wrote:First you gotta figure out how the balance works before you can design maps for it specifically.
Well I think the maps themselves might be changing balance dont you?
Whenever i think about the balance of a game I try to think of the maps it would be played on.
If you want your game to be played on 32x32 maps and feel appropriate you need to think about it in advance.
Same with every other aspect of the map not just size.
Should there be many choke points?a lot of areas with water?a lot of unpassable terrain or hills..
If you compare The cursed with other games on the Spring engine you might be able to reach some conclusions about the type of maps it would be best suited for.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

You can play the Cursed on most Spring maps, but having some maps designed especially for this game wouldn't be a bad idea. The thing is - I don't have any idea about mapping nor do I have time to learn it before I have another race finished. Thus - if there are any volunteers - go ahead and make some beautyful-creepy maps for the Cursed. :-)
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

please org an autohost for this cool mod
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

My firewall is too restrictive to host/autohost games, no matter whatever I am trying to forward or demilitarise :(
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Needs a manual. There are a lot of important things that cannot be figured out short of unzipping the sdz.
  • Which units can detect burrowed units?
  • What exactly does Witch slow do?
  • Which units can shoot through shields?
  • Which armour types do units have?
  • Which units are particularly good against certain armour types?
  • Does the t2 exploding bomb do the same damage on death as self-d?
  • What do Auras do?
  • What do pigs do?
  • Which things can assist what?
I think you should add CA's priority gadget. It's great for streamlining economic micro. It allows players to set 3 levels of priority on their constructors/constructions, the higher priority units will receive resources first. Replaces all those messy wait commands that have to be issued to escape from a stall or quickly make a turret.

There's some kind of bug with the Altar of Evil. It creates dragons on each other preventing them from leaving the factory, see attached screenshot.
Attachments
screen050.png
(2.86 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Google_Frog wrote:Needs a manual. There are a lot of important things that cannot be figured out short of unzipping the sdz.
  • Which units can detect burrowed units?
  • What exactly does Witch slow do?
  • Which units can shoot through shields?
  • Which armour types do units have?
  • Which units are particularly good against certain armour types?
  • Does the t2 exploding bomb do the same damage on death as self-d?
  • What do Auras do?
  • What do pigs do?
  • Which things can assist what?
Somewhen in the future all essential informations concerning units will be provided by the tool tips. We definitelly need a manual - but that is not top priority right now. To the questions:
  • Seers (the flying radars) can detect burrowed units.
  • The witch's ray slows down the movement speed and reload speed (meaning it increases the reload time)
  • Only skeletal mages are able to shoot through shields
  • The armor types and counters are listed in the gameplay.txt in the .sdz.
  • The suizide units do more damage when going kamikaze
  • The healing aura heals allied units. The frenzy aura decreases the reload time but also the accuracy of allied units. The curse aura decreases the accuracy of enemy units.
  • Pigs are just running around right now - they are important for later gameplay features.
  • Actually no unit/factory should be assistable
Google_Frog wrote:I think you should add CA's priority gadget. It's great for streamlining economic micro. It allows players to set 3 levels of priority on their constructors/constructions, the higher priority units will receive resources first. Replaces all those messy wait commands that have to be issued to escape from a stall or quickly make a turret.
Sounds reasonable.
Google_Frog wrote:There's some kind of bug with the Altar of Evil. It creates dragons on each other preventing them from leaving the factory, see attached screenshot.
I'll fix that. 8)

Return to “The Cursed”