Screenshots - Page 2

Screenshots

Azaremoth's epic game about bones, undead, demons and magic set in a futuristic environment.

Moderator: Content Developer

AF
AI Developer

Re: Screenshots

Post by AF »

Does this mean that factions base will auto spawn random monuments and artefacts for visual show? Or do those statues do more?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Would be very cool if under certain rare condition the statue from (1) could explode | SHATTER; and live archangel from (2) be created in the exact same pos.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

That would be quite nifty, though the faces of imperial angels dont look very imperial, they look quite dark and 'cursed' Perhaps a metalic ornamental mask?
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Perhaps the supernatural beings worshiped by the imperial guard aren't entirely as kind and benevolent as they'd like you to believe?

Settings are always more interesting when you find out the good guys also have a more sinister side.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

heh more a case of consistency, I can imagine the imperials to be brutal in the name of righteousness
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

AF wrote:Does this mean that factions base will auto spawn random monuments and artefacts for visual show? Or do those statues do more?
Right now the statue is a tech-enabler that allows you to build paladins and angels. The only thing that is spawned randomly at the moment are pigs. :-)
zwzsg wrote:Would be very cool if under certain rare condition the statue from (1) could explode | SHATTER; and live archangel from (2) be created in the exact same pos.
Hehe - I was thinking about that too. Something like a 25% chance to create an angel via death-animation...

The dark look of the Imperial Guards is intended. They are only the "good guys" compared to the undead. For more than that think of the inquisition with modern weapons and divine support. 8)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

aha

I think it'd be a good idea to randomly spawn small monuments around their structures so as to add to the feel over time. That way when walking through a destroyed base you know they were there, adds to the atmosphere
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

AF wrote:aha

I think it'd be a good idea to randomly spawn small monuments around their structures so as to add to the feel over time. That way when walking through a destroyed base you know they were there, adds to the atmosphere
How can you make a good simcity when random crap keeps sprouting up?
azaremoth wrote:
zwzsg wrote:Would be very cool if under certain rare condition the statue from (1) could explode | SHATTER; and live archangel from (2) be created in the exact same pos.
Hehe - I was thinking about that too. Something like a 25% chance to create an angel via death-animation...
Why not make it do that always then, or only under certain circumstance? 25% chance to get a big advantage or not doesnt make for much fun, or reward good planning as far as I see.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

JohannesH wrote:Why not make it do that always then, or only under certain circumstance? 25% chance to get a big advantage or not doesnt make for much fun, or reward good planning as far as I see.
Angels are buildable anyway - spawning angels randomly from collapsing statues could be a random bonus that saves you some resources. I know a bunch of games that rely on luck and make lots of fun btw. :wink: But I don`t want to create a game of chance here.
AF wrote:I think it'd be a good idea to randomly spawn small monuments around their structures so as to add to the feel over time. That way when walking through a destroyed base you know they were there, adds to the atmosphere
Sounds like a nice idea - the features should be small enough that they don't block your complete base though.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Im thinking that certain structures would have a slightly larger footprint and inside that footprint you would spawn the monuments, that interference is minimized
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Long time no news... but that doesn't mean nothing is happening:

Imperial Base:

Technology Center:

Sniper (Girl) aiming:

Scorpion Tank (can move subterrain):

I love the smell of napalm in the morning:
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Very nice flame effect! :o
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

credits for the flames go to CA (jK).
jeykey

Post by jeykey »

wow, this looks just amazing

I espacially like sniper girl :9
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I like what I see
oksnoop2

Post by oksnoop2 »

AF wrote:I like what I see

What he said.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

The imperial walker (I hope Lucas Arts didn't copyright that name :wink: ) :
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

azaremoth wrote:credits for the flames go to CA (jK).
It's a LUPS effect then?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

azaremoth wrote:The imperial walker (I hope Lucas Arts didn't copyright that name :wink: ) :
I'd rename it to the Imperial Stalker just to be on the safe side :P
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

If it were an issue, Warhammer wouldve been sued into the ground years ago or the other way round depending who got legal precedent

Return to “The Cursed”