The Cursed 0.131 - public beta - Page 6

The Cursed 0.131 - public beta

Azaremoth's epic game about bones, undead, demons and magic set in a futuristic environment.

Moderator: Content Developer

smoth

Re: The Cursed 0.12 - public beta

Post by smoth »

azaremoth wrote: Image
did you do that fire? very freakin nice, also like the character added with the speach bubble, I am soo stealing this idea next gundam release.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

smoth wrote:
azaremoth wrote: Image
did you do that fire? very freakin nice, also like the character added with the speach bubble, I am soo stealing this idea next gundam release
The fire is stolen from CA. The flame jitter is based on LUPS and was made by jK. Feel free to steal the idea - I guess the pigs will be barely visible compared to the giant bots in GUNDAM though :wink: :P
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Needs a spell to attach wings to the pigs.
Neddie
Community Lead

Re: The Cursed 0.11 - fixed public beta release

Post by Neddie »

azaremoth wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:I have, uhm, two GUI criticisms... the unrepresentative minimap icons and the current cursor set. I don't have replacements on hand, but if you'd like I can make sets more... well, more atmospheric/in keeping with your game?
Yeah - please go ahead. That would be great! The GUI is a WIP - there is a lot stuff that needs some polishing.
They're coming, at least the icons, but I'm dealing with a kidney stone and I apologize for the delay.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

If the pics on the first screen are buildpics, please make ones that are easier to see the units. IMHO they are a bit dark and low contrast.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Caydr wrote:If the pics on the first screen are buildpics, please make ones that are easier to see the units. IMHO they are a bit dark and low contrast.
You may want to take a look at the buildpics ingame - the units are good visible. The buildtree in the first post is not at full resolution - that eats lots of contrast.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

We have a new release! It adds nice features (auras, teleport spell, half-naked witches) and should be a step forward concerning balance. Go get is while it is hot!

Get the game here: http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=2140

Changes 0.12 => 0.13
- auras for the lich and the witch (must be enabled first by building totems)
- new units: the witch and totems
- shield spell for the witch
- teleport spell for the skeletal mage
- summoning stances for the lich and the necromancer - in this stance the summoners will act as factories
- the Seer (radar flying thing) can see all burrowed units in its line of sight
- costs are metal=energy=buildtime
- crude menue from CA is included
- the armor classes are reduced to LIGHT, HEAVY and FLYER (badtargetcategory is used here)
- the bonebeasts are more usefull against defender turrets now
- reacivated the GLSL shader
- fixed the cursed hand doing too much damage
- fixed the energy upkeep
- fixed sounds
- many other minor tweaks, balancing and changes...

Unit Guide (0.13): special units

Necromancer:
They are the basic summoners. They are unarmed, but you should have some of these guys close to the front lines to heal your units and to resurrect your or enemy fallen units to have them fighting for you again.

Lich:
The Lich is the advanced summoner. He can paralyse enemies. Liches can cast the frenzy aura. You need to build a totem (built by the heart of darkness) first to auto-enable the aura.

Pestilence:
When you sacrifice a pestilence it spawn three suicide blobs - dangerous explosive kamakazie units. These little explosive balls only have a ramdomly limited lifespawn - thus you should not keep them too close to your units. Todo: bring the pestilence close to the enemy and sacrifice it. Use the suicide blobs and move them right between the enemies - BabAaAmmmm!

Skeletons, Skeleton Mages, Gunners and the Pestilence:
These units can burrow themselves in the ground. This causes them to regenerate faster and remain unseen until an enemy walks too close to the holes or they are in the line of sight of a Seer.

Skeleton Mage:
These guys have a very usefull short-ranged teleport spell.

Silentia mortis:
This mechanodemon keeps your units hidden from enemy radars. Be sure that these guys do not explode within your own units - this will stun all nearby units.

Witch:
She is a can summon a meteor rain from the sky (will cost 1000 energy) and can cast a shield spell, as soon as a altar of evil was built. Moreover she can turn an enemy to your side via mind-control. The witch's ray will slow down enemies everytime it hits one of them. Witches can cast auras. You need to build totems (built by the heart of darkness) first to auto-enable the auras. Available auras: aura of regeneration (heals nearby allied units) and cursed aura (will decrease enemy's accuracy)

Seer:
This flying radar can detect all enemy units (including cloaked and burrowed units) in it's line of sight (768).
knorke

Post by knorke »

azaremoth wrote:
knorke wrote:so the magicdudes have buildbuttons now that work like inmobile factories and you do not have to click on the terrain anymore?
winrar!!
Actually you can play both ways. You can push a button and the summoners will get into a immobile stance that works just like a factory. You can use them as they were before also. Now everybody (including me) should be happy :-)
how does this work? I didnt see a special button.

Also, walls are broken again and only produce smoke.
widgetfail:
activate selectioncircle+selectionhalo.
deactivate selectionhalo.
you now have selectioncircles + standard squares.

grounddecals, sounds are cool!
startbuilding should have a grounddecal too.
maybe higher techlevel -> darker, more "evil" grounddecals?

crudemenu should have a button to close itself.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Re: The Cursed 0.13 - public beta

Post by azaremoth »

We have payed some games with different people. There are some gadgets taht crash depending on the player's hardware. This causes other gadets to crash too. LUA is a bitch. I have tested the game on three different computers before the realease and everything was fine.
how does this work? I didnt see a special button.

Also, walls are broken again and only produce smoke.
widgetfail:
activate selectioncircle+selectionhalo.

grounddecals, sounds are cool!
startbuilding should have a grounddecal too.
maybe higher techlevel -> darker, more "evil" grounddecals?

crudemenu should have a button to close itself.
Can you past your infolog.txt at pastebin? Besides that - the special button is a pentagram (done by lua) and the startbuilding actually has a grounddecal (inserted by lua).
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Is it a matter of OGL support then?
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

neddiedrow wrote:Is it a matter of OGL support then?
I guess so. The infologs I have until now indicated problems with LUPS... I wonder If people have the same problems in CA?!
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

LUPS does not cause crashes and desyncs in CA i think thats due to LUPS manager.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Otherside wrote:LUPS does not cause crashes and desyncs in CA i think thats due to LUPS manager.
Yeah - Maneater luckily has an older notebook. She tested the cursed 0.13 and CA on it and could reproduce the errors for our game but not for CA (at least no errors concerning LUPS). I have changed some small things in the LUPS manager - maybe that causes the trouble. We shall see...

I have deactivated the LUPS module now. There will be some nice effects missing but nothing that important (the cloak effect and the shockwaves :( ). LUPS will be back in the next release. The game seams to run stable and synced now. Let me know if it doesn't.

I am sorry guys - You need redownload it completely, there was no easy way for a patch:
http://spring.jobjol.nl/show_file.php?id=2140
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

knorke wrote:activate selectioncircle+selectionhalo.
I should try and fix this, thanks.
knorke wrote:startbuilding should have a grounddecal too.
There's a hacky gadget that gives start obelisk a grounddecal. If it didn't, odds are that luarules crashed on some other gadget before it reached it. Infolog please?
knorke wrote:crudemenu should have a button to close itself.
No it shouldn't. It's the game's menu and everything can be accessed from there. Your web browser and other windows applications don't have a button that closes the menu bar. Advanced users know how to hide menus in such cases, same goes for widgets. (Hint: you can disable the volume bar under settings -> menus -> crude menu).

Thanks for the feedback.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Re: The Cursed 0.131 - public beta

Post by KaiserJ »

i'll just jump in and say this mod is more badass than ever.

its a shame we cant have skeletal anim, i'd love to see the witch bouncing around everywhere.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Now the teching up works on my PC.

Can you increase building slope tolerance alot? I'd like to be able to build on non totalky flat area.

I'm not very keen about the new menu. There's windows all over the place and no [x] in their corner to close them. The buildpics were also looking better previously.

Also:
Played TA:K much?

Otherwise it's a waste that such nice models be wasted on zoomable RTS engine like Spring.

Can't really comment on gameplay, as with any non *A mod, it's hard to get people to join or host online games.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

KaiserJ wrote:its a shame we cant have mesh deformation, i'd love to see the witch bouncing around everywhere.
Fixed.

I don't think they're necessarily wasted, z, though I agree, much of the detail won't be seen most of the time by players, this looks great in media and for spectators... the use of melee units also makes zooming in a little more acceptable.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

KaiserJ wrote:its a shame we cant have skeletal anim, i'd love to see the witch bouncing around everywhere.
You can do bouncy animation with just .bos:

Argh

Post by Argh »

I'd like to see any Infologs related to the LUPS module issues.

I wasn't aware that there were any problems with desync, it passed QA over here.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

you're right, mesh... i was just thinking "something that isn't currently available" without REALLY thinking :) certainly i feel that the job done on the animation here is top notch.

and that's a pretty amazing animation/script/unit zwzsg i must say... what mod was this? ... but what i was sort of talking about was... well, just go and look at the model, you'll see what i mean :) if you can somehow get some bounce in there, you win a golden internet.

Return to “The Cursed”