The Cursed 0.131 - public beta - Page 4

The Cursed 0.131 - public beta

Azaremoth's epic game about bones, undead, demons and magic set in a futuristic environment.

Moderator: Content Developer

Regret

Re: The Cursed 0.1 - first public beta release

Post by Regret »

azaremoth wrote:Anyway - this does not belong here. If you feel like discussing it - please start a new thread. Let us focus on balancing and bugs here.
Regret wrote:But this is getting way offtopic and I will not debate this here anymore.
Journier

Post by Journier »

cant wait to see next version of this mod, Spring needs a fantasy type mod badly.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Regret wrote:
azaremoth wrote:Anyway - this does not belong here. If you feel like discussing it - please start a new thread. Let us focus on balancing and bugs here.
Regret wrote:But this is getting way offtopic and I will not debate this here anymore.
I just wanted to accentuate it - not only aiming at you.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

seeing as every other mod has a sub forum (even SA) i think the cursed deserves one need more non *A

+ its good quality and has potential and alot of things can be discussed and seperated into different threads :p
Google_Frog

Post by Google_Frog »

Otherside wrote:+ its good quality and has potential and alot of things can be discussed and seperated into different threads :p
If it actually worked. Could a quick bugfix version be released without the desyncing gadget and some of the more pressing gameplay issues fixes? Just the really game breaking ones suchs as instant enemy reclaim and instant rezz.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Hoi wrote:The problem is just that it's kinna lame that a turret kills nearly everything exept x unit. All units should be able to kill the turret if you have enough of them. And with enough I don't mean 1000 :wink:
In the one game I could play without desynch, neither me nor my enemy had any trouble taking out turret, and even group of turrets, with tech 1 skeletons.

I like mobiles building mobiles, and with Spring repeat buttons and widgets, it's even easier to manage than TA:K's Zhon (which was already no problem). Don't listen to the whiners please.
Argh

Post by Argh »

As an alternative, instead of spawning singletons, spawn squads. Just a thought, I haven't had time to look at the game yet.
Noruas
XTA Developer

Post by Noruas »

Itd be badass if u could make an asteriod summon as well as the dragon, and let it be called "woodworm." Alternative to the nuke.
manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

Noruas wrote:Itd be badass if u could make an asteriod summon as well as the dragon, and let it be called "woodworm." Alternative to the nuke.
nice idea, spells would be cool (more micro :D)
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Spells are planed - but don`t expect them to be included within the next few releases.
knorke

Post by knorke »

yes, with widgets and repeat button mobile builders can be used quite well but what if the game is not about spamming the same combination of units all the time?

would it be possible to make the satanic builders work like a mobile factory?
like you press the button for building a unit and then do not have to click on the ground to define where it gets build. usually you want them to be build near the builder anyway so this dragging lines of unitsbuildplaces across the ground is not needed.

or have it work similiar to adding members to squads in the warhammer games:
you click a button on the builder and after a while the units gets teleported in near the builder, without this nanoframe stuff but created with a script. (if that is possible)

This way you keep your buildorders when you have to move the builders.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

knorke wrote:you click a button on the builder and after a while the units gets teleported in near the builder, without this nanoframe stuff but created with a script. (if that is possible)
Definitely possible since that's what Carriers in THIS do.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i seemed to desync every game... no idea why

apart from that, this game looks freaking incredible; wonderful work sir... reminds me stylistically perhaps of warhammer undead, and certainly a hefty helping of 80's metal band album covers.

if anything seemed strange to me about the gameplay... skeleton melee soldiers don't have any LOS! perhaps this was intended, but it was a bit confusing seeing them attacking radar blobs that were right next to them. also, it seemed to take them a while to aim and attack; the skeleton mages were able to run right through a big clump of them without tanking hits, perhaps something like a short emp effect, or a "push" (ie BA riot tank) would increase the usefulness of the melee units as a meatshield... just some suggestions, im certainly not a balance expert by any means.

anyways wonderful work, im sure you'll fix the sync problem soon :D
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

KaiserJ wrote:i seemed to desync every game... no idea why
Make sure all the players have lua shaders enabled. Still needs to be fixed of course, but that seems to work around it.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Re: The Cursed 0.11 - fixed public beta release

Post by azaremoth »

Update to 0.11 => see first post.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I have, uhm, two GUI criticisms... the unrepresentative minimap icons and the current cursor set. I don't have replacements on hand, but if you'd like I can make sets more... well, more atmospheric/in keeping with your game?
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

neddiedrow wrote:I have, uhm, two GUI criticisms... the unrepresentative minimap icons and the current cursor set. I don't have replacements on hand, but if you'd like I can make sets more... well, more atmospheric/in keeping with your game?
Yeah - please go ahead. That would be great! The GUI is a WIP - there is a lot stuff that needs some polishing.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Could you try to make a very obvious diffrence between the ui part where you can give orders (attack, ect...) and things you can build? Right now everything is sticked together. It should be easy to see what is what, so maybe make the nonbuildpic just a bit larger, and then make a small bar around the buildable things?
ash2life

Post by ash2life »

i might be wrong but i think some buildtimes dont feel right in .11

-Pyramid
-Necromancer

5 minutes+ ? each
Decimator

Post by Decimator »

Yeah, buildtimes are borked.

Return to “The Cursed”