The Cursed - Death and Rebirth - Page 2

The Cursed - Death and Rebirth

Azaremoth's epic game about bones, undead, demons and magic set in a futuristic environment.

Moderator: Content Developer

==Troy==

Re: The Cursed - Death and Rebirth

Post by ==Troy== »

azaremoth wrote: Is every piece of code GPL? There are many luas with "(C) Wolfe Games 2008" - that doesn`t sound like GPL. Not sure about that...

As was said by devs and as it really is, ALL of the code is GPL, walk scripts, lua code, anything which is not a model/texture/other artwork, but is a code in P.U.R.E. is GPL and only GPL.

And best of luck with the work! it looks gorgeous and promising, Id love to see that in-game.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

yum

make an angels faction and your own mod is ready to roll ^_^
hrmph

Post by hrmph »

zwzsg wrote:They remind me of the Necron mod I had started couple years ago with two more french.

Was thinking about that a few weeks ago. I remember you posting a shot of some those units in spring and they looked evil & cool. You should finish it! Necron vs the Cursed could be interesting..

Azaremoth, I can't wait to see this in action. Those units are really impressive.
TheMightyOne

Post by TheMightyOne »

Very cool! looking forward to see more of it!
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

==Troy== wrote:
azaremoth wrote: Is every piece of code GPL? There are many luas with "(C) Wolfe Games 2008" - that doesn`t sound like GPL. Not sure about that...
As was said by devs and as it really is, ALL of the code is GPL, walk scripts, lua code, anything which is not a model/texture/other artwork, but is a code in P.U.R.E. is GPL and only GPL.
You really need to stop doing that. Spring game code (lua etc) is supposed to be GPL compatible - which does NOT mean that it automatically becomes so upon distribution.
lurker

Post by lurker »

Yes, but without any stated license you could possibly argue it defaults to GPL. Is there anything in there saying it's not? If so it should be simple to ask Argh to fix it.
And remember, GPL is a copyright license. You don't lose ┬® in any way.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

I can`t get my mod running stable on 0.79. As soon as I drag a selection window over at least two units spring crahes. The infolog isn`t very informative about the crash.

I tried to remove all .luas, particle effects and weapons from the game - still the same crash. Is there a new configuration file that is needed for 0.79? Any other ideas? Everything works fine in 0.78 (except targetborder :wink: ).
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

if there's nothing in the stacktrace, tough luck. can't help much without the mod itself. maybe try spring git builds - /j #buildserv.
smoth

Post by smoth »

maybe it is a sound file issue, if it happens on unit select it could very well be the sound files. If you pm me a link I can take a look if you want.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

I recommend taking CA, removing all the units from it and putting your units in their place.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Ah, right, selecting two units at once plays adifferent soundfile than selecting one, probably that select1.wav thing.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

CarRepairer wrote:I recommend taking CA, removing all the units from it and putting your units in their place.
I would gladly do that if it wouldn't take forever. I don't know if there is an automated way to convert the .fbis and .tdfs to .lua. As anything in CA is based in lua I only see one way to switch my stuff over - and this would be changing everything by hand. Moreover CA is full of stuff I probably won't need. Soooo many graphics and scripts - It would be hell of a work sorting them all out. A good thing would be a "barebone-CA" and an automated converter for unit and weapon defintions :wink:
KDR_11k wrote:Ah, right, selecting two units at once plays adifferent soundfile than selecting one, probably that select1.wav thing.
What select1.wav thing? Where/how can I define the two-units-selected-sound?
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

(Sorry for the double post.) Ahhhh - I just got it - the sounds.lua was missing. :oops:
Saktoth
Zero-K Developer

Post by Saktoth »

We really need an SDK mod, CA just isnt appropriate for that.

KP and KDR's mods works alright-ish to build on because they are often scratch built with barebones and you know they are all PD/GPL, many of them also lua in a new economic structure if you want to try something different.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

CarRepairer wrote:I recommend taking CA, removing all the units from it and putting your units in their place.
Stupid idea.

CA is way too special and customised and overmodded to be a good base to build a mod. I tried once because I wanted to use CA gadget profiler. Had to abandon because there's simply too much interdependancy and non standard stuff in CA. For instance half of gadget failed because CA lu handler doesn't implement the call-ins as Spring's base one, there's lups which I don't know where it starts where it ends, there's hundreds and hundreds of weird .lua sneaking in every place and you never know if it's needed or not and what does it pull, what requires it, etc..
[XIII]Roxas

Post by [XIII]Roxas »

Lookin' Really good! I can totally see the Necron Influences.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Yes, we do need an SDK Game. PressureLine is making one, if I recall.
Neuralize

Post by Neuralize »

How many units do you have done? Maybe you could make a chicken's like mod for Spring: 1944 with the theme revolving occult nazism and stuff? I'd be willing to do some coding and make that a reality..
clay48637

Post by clay48637 »

Hey Azaremoth, I just want to say that everything looks great. I havn't tried the Spring Engine at all yet. I have seen pictures of the different games in and out of development, and this is the first fantasy based mod I have seen. Mr. Car Repairer told me there are certainly others and you all work together to help eachother. This is great to hear.

I'm still a huge fan of your work in Kingdoms. For those of you who don't know, AZ made "The Cursed" in Kingdoms first. I still play that game and I still play with his race. They are one of the best, no, they are the best! And I know you will make them just as amazing here in Spring. You are a very talented person.

I just want to know if I can have your permission to edit the race for TA:K. I'm in the process of rearranging the buildtrees for The Azuurians, Ethia, and hopefully The Cursed.... All credit from the race will go strictly to you.. I just don't want to step on your toes!

Thanks, Clay.
azaremoth
Cursed Developer

Post by azaremoth »

Thanks for the flowers :-)

Feel free to edit my TA:K race. Don't forget to post a link when you have finished your project.

Return to “The Cursed”