NanoBlobs 0.61b - Page 3

NanoBlobs 0.61b

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Bhaal

Post by Bhaal »

where can it get nano v 61... i dont want to download two files... this makes me crazy ;P

make it easy for lame people! so more people will play it :)
Foxomaniac

Post by Foxomaniac »

V 61 takes the madness out of Nanoblobs silly bhaal.

61 is a patch too - less then 100 kb.

61 basically becomes a "hunt-thy-lord" because he's the only thing that can build, it doesn't fix the wolf problem either.

just spam wolves with your lod - hunt his lord, gg.
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

Spam wolves, and occasionally some autofacs to pump sheeps and more wolves.
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Soprry for being realy (I mean REALY) think, buthow do I install this mod? I just unziped everything into my mods folder... and its not showing up. AM I JUST CRAZY!?!?!?

aGorm
knorke

Post by knorke »

Same problem here.

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ »

aGorm wrote:Soprry for being realy (I mean REALY) think, buthow do I install this mod? I just unziped everything into my mods folder... and its not showing up. AM I JUST CRAZY!?!?!?

aGorm
make sure it remains an .sdz file extension. Sometimes it gets renamed to a .zip etc

the fact you unzipped means that's the case :lol:

you just save NanoBlob061.sdz into your mods directory and make sure the name and extension stays like that.

-------------

any AI that works with this cool spamrific mod? :-)
rattle
Damned Developer

Post by rattle »

The filename doesn't matter at all, it's only the extension.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I'm testing 0.62b right now... any human players wanting to test it, meet me in the lobby...
aGorm

Post by aGorm »

Got it going, thanks...

BTW... the nuke... I found it dont work to well if you self D 100 demons at once, maybe you want to look into that?? Big drop in frame rates...

aGorm

(PS IM KIDDING!)
Argh

Post by Argh »

rofl... 100...

btw, I think I fixed the balance and wolf-spam issues
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Post by [KnoX]ElementalGizmo »

Nuke is crazy! Im loving it dude! You put it under the general licence thingy awotsit so i GUESS u dont mind me nabing it for XTA_V8.1 ¿

Im gunna try it out annyways just to please myself. If you got anny objection just scream THIEF at me okay :wink:

One thing i did notice, it seems kinda flashy. Like it pulses after like 2 secconds or something. Is this my crappy g-card or does everybody else see this to?

Particle YUM YUMS 4TW! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Ow i also had a hard time tracking the mod dl down. I had to bug some poor noob who found it till he gave the link to me. If annybody is reading this here is the link i got for the release :

NANO BLOBS http://www.wolfegames.com/TA_Section/NanoBlobs063.sdz
Argh

Post by Argh »

@Gizmo:

I'm sorry that it was hard to find. 0.64 is coming. And of course you may take anything you like from the mod and use it in your own work, provided you follow the rules of the GNU license. Here's a short version:

If you use my stuff, you must include the original sourcecode in your release. Yes, that includes my comments, and yes, the comments include that Argh is the author. No pretending you wrote this stuff yourself ;) So, for example, if you used the Nuke code... you need to include the raw form of that Nuke code, including my comments.

That's really about it. For more details on the GNU license, read it. You have other options, but including my source is a great way to make sure that whoever tears into your super-duper-nifty mod will get the benefit of the commented code I included with the release, and for code, it adds hardly anything to the size of your mod. All binary data (sounds, graphics) are released under the Creative Commons rules... you don't even have to credit me, if you are a jerk... er, I mean... if you're too lazy to... nevermind. Let's say that credits are important- I credit everybody who contributes to NanoBlobs, and I expect the same respect in return.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Fair play dude!

Ow and i would never just say i wrote the source; maily because i would literally KILL Noruas. Poor lil mokEH would laugh himself to an early grave!

Wouldnt want that would I!.......hmn lemmy get back to you on that lmao.

The credits in the explotions.tdf were put in, in v8 annyways dude. I got no problems with that what so ever.But the waiting...OW my.......thats a differant story :cry:

What were planning to do with the source your so will to shair (YAY!) is scail it up, on a much larger basis than what u currantly have for the Demons. In xta_v8 we enlarged the nuke by a factor of 50%. So imagen our joy when you mentioed it would be eayer to scail up!

Were all dribbaling here dude, please hurry or pass me towel 8)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Yes, that includes my comments, and yes, the comments include that Argh is the author. No pretending you wrote this stuff yourself

The GPL also allows removing those comments (after all it allows any modification), the source only has to match the binaries. Not that it's a nice thing to do but it's technically allowed.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

I think it states that you may not remove notices which mention it is licensed under the GPL, especially not those notices that are shown to the user in an interactive program.
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

Hows about just doing the right thing, n giving the dude some cred?
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

yay street cred!
[KnoX]ElementalGizmo
XTA Developer

+1 cred 8)

Return to “Argh's Projects”