NanoBlobs 0.54b

NanoBlobs 0.54b

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Argh

NanoBlobs 0.54b

Post by Argh »

Get it here.

This is an interim, gameplay release. Only really for purists- I cleaned up a number of gameplay issues and minor quibbles, optimized a bunch of things, and generally tweaked the game design. Among other things, here are some changes:

1. The TriRook has been slightly nerfed.
2. The MegaSheep now fires to its maximum range, like it should.
3. SpireRooks now defeat Holders on a 1:1 basis. How large is their defeat ratio? I dunno yet, honestly, and haven't bothered trying to compute it. It's not a huge margin, but it's better than it used to be.
4. Knights have been de-nerfed somewhat. Main area is speed.
5. Wolves are no longer hoverattack, but instead are true planes.
6. New weapon, explosion and other effects added.
7. Somewhat-optimized usage of scripting-time. Not perfect, but much better than previous versions!
8. A few other minor odds and ends, like a Spawn file (which is hopefully correct- the numbers before the Unit names are incredibly mysterious).

Overall, the balance has been slightly shifted back to offense, whereas the previous releases were balanced slightly more towards defense than 0.4. I'm going to continue to improve this mod's code and clean it up, but I probably won't add any new units or radically change their roles again, until I've made up my mind about Xect vs. Mynn...
Last edited by Argh on 26 Aug 2006, 08:13, edited 3 times in total.
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

numbers before teh unit name are time in frames till the unit is spawned IIRC
make a submarine evil weapon crawley thing appear at 666 frames for a real challenge :D
esteroth12

Post by esteroth12 »

Min3mat wrote:numbers before teh unit name are time in frames till the unit is spawned IIRC
make a submarine evil weapon crawley thing appear at 666 frames for a real challenge :D
and demons! we need a special devil unit that is spawn only, and it spawns with some demons as guards! ;)
Argh

Post by Argh »

Hmm... so, that's time in seconds, eh... muhahaha... I could set it up to do a flood at about 60 seconds...
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

I found some error in the NULLGUN.TDF:

model=Nullpoint.s3o

At that line, there is no ; mark, there was also some damn nullbytes which also fucked up reading the file...
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Haha, the spawn.txt you included is even worse then my one :wink:

It gets at 2000 units in 2 minutes (NanoArenaV2, Random Enemies 2 [don't know if that was included already in 0.72]).

No problem tho, it's already nice to stress test things 8)
Argh

Post by Argh »

Whoops! Sorry Trademark! Will fix immediately.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

also one other minor issue.

The cursors! it needs some custom cursors!
Argh

Post by Argh »

Cursors? Okie doke... and loadscreens, of course, don't forget those... and, uh... oh yeah, I'm going to have something really innovative in the next release, but I'll wait until my next unit's done first, before putting up screenies...
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

By innovative I hope you mean giant shelves you can fill with units and use like seige towers ¬__¬
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Drone_Fragger wrote:By innovative I hope you mean giant shelves you can fill with units and use like seige towers ¬__¬
lmao, but it's off-the-wall and original enough to happen :-)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

No, he shelved that idea.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

<groans>

:P
Argh

Post by Argh »

Lol... Dragon was the guy who tabled that one ;)

It was tempting, but... naw.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

The Demon prince is half underground. I only tested this on one map.

Also, Make a nuke launcher, but no anti nuke.
Argh

Post by Argh »

The Demon is supposed to have its hitsphere half underground. It doesn't prevent it from taking damage, it just makes the hit-detection zone more closely match the unit. I know it looks weird, but it seems to work just fine...

As for the nuke... how's about a self-guiding, terrain-following cruise missile? Hmmm? Yes, that sounds good to me, too ;-)
Argh

Post by Argh »

Just a thought for one of the loadpictures...

Uh, and if anybody else has some they'd like to share, I'd love to see 'em. I'm working on a series of beauty enhancements to the explosions, too, just in case they weren't already gorgeous enough...
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

No, i mean that that actual model is half underground. as if it was swimming.
Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Also, The megasheep has a habit fo firing a burst of 3 then 1, instead of 2 and then 2.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Hrmm... which map?

The problem with the Demon is that basically, certain things in Spring don't work right. I used some pretty complicated scripting to get around it, but it's causing other problems. The Demon was already clipping through things a lot before, tbh, so I'm not sure what to tell you... except that I intend to make a new Demon at some point, that isn't so long and skinny, since Spring just doesn't handle such items well.

As for the MegaSheep... hrmm... ok, that's fixed. Don't like how I fixed it, but I doubt players will care or even notice it, tbh.

Return to “Argh's Projects”