When will be 1.3 released?

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Wolfword

Post by Wolfword »

Common Argh! You posted 3 or 4 months ago that P.U.R.E 1.3 was "NEAR" it' s release.

When it will be finally launched. (Cause this game is AWESOME)
Argh

Re: When will be 1.3 released?

Post by Argh »

TBH, I don't know yet. Spring is kinda screwed-up atm, but I want the new map shaders to play with before I release anything, so it kinda depends on when the engine quits being a mess. Most of the major new features are done, just finishing the heroes and naval pieces.
Wolfword

Post by Wolfword »

Heroes? Do now Spring supports them? WOW

Another thing. Days ago, I downloaded ver 1.2b. The screen UI was not like all of your photos and videos! Can I change it?
Argh

Post by Argh »

Hrmm. You must be running into an error. This sounds similar to another problem certain people have had, so here's a possible fix:

Download these two files:

File One
File Two

Open up the folder where you've installed the game. Extract both files into the /mods directory. Windows will ask if you want to overwrite anything; say yes to all.

At least on this ATi hardware, this resolved all problems with LUPS and the lighting system, and the UI runs, and the missions all work.

If it doesn't work, please let me know, and I will walk you through how to give me the Infolog (bug report) so that I can fix P.U.R.E. for you.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Wolfword wrote:Heroes? Do now Spring supports them? WOW
It's not Spring per se. After all, what is a hero? Just a very powerful unit, with micro-intensive abilities, whose number is limited to 1. Spring is moddable enough that you can have heroes, but it's not really Spring that added heroes support, it's just game developpers that decided they wanted heroes in their game. For instance Gundam RTS has had heroes since 2006. [source]
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

zwzsg wrote:
It's not Spring per se. After all, what is a hero? Just a very powerful unit, with micro-intensive abilities, whose number is limited to 1. Spring is moddable enough that you can have heroes, but it's not really Spring that added heroes support, it's just game developpers that decided they wanted heroes in their game. For instance Gundam RTS has had heroes since 2006. [source]
Those aren't heroes just powerful units with build limit 1.

Heroes level up and have specific abiltiies (Spells) and/or upgrades.
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

Well, the Spring engine make units level up by default... but I see what you mean, there must a Ding! and a beam of light and new abilities unlocked. And levels must be kept through death and rebirth. I wonder how complete will Argh heroes be. Do you think they'll have a little inventory to store their mana potions and town portal scroll?
malric

Post by malric »

Otherside wrote:
zwzsg wrote:

This sounds exactly like XTA comm. And the XTA comm can also sing, so it is a super hero :P
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Otherside wrote:
zwzsg wrote:

You know there were games with Hero units before WC3, right? Not all of them made the Hero into an RPG character.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

I know hence i said upgrades or specific abilities like spells.

like Tanya in C&C red alert who could plant C4 explosives.
Wolfword

Post by Wolfword »

So, it doesnt support heroes, but you can make a "Super Unit with limit 1" That's almost the same, but... As said, heroes have spell and that stuff.

EDIT: Mana spell and scrolls inventory??? I don't think that spells and scrolls would fit in P.U.R.E
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Wolfword wrote:So, it doesnt support heroes, but you can make a "Super Unit with limit 1" That's almost the same, but... As said, heroes have spell and that stuff.
Yes spring supports spells and XP and stuff, but the first RTS games to include hero units had none of that. "Hero Unit" is really just a special unit in which your deployment of them is specially limited in ways beyond cost. Any other definition is kind of silly, since there are exceptions that can be pointed to.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

With the right lua you can do any type of hero you want. Spring can have hero units up to whatever level of complexity you're willing to put in.

Return to “Argh's Projects”