P.U.R.E. RC6 Release

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Argh

P.U.R.E. RC6 Release

Post by Argh »

Download Here

Space Chickens patch is here.

Install in the mods directory. Sorry about the content bug, I'm doing new things with the Chickens and that slipped under my radar.

Video, for those who haven't seen it yet.

Main URL to be listed when uploaded to ModDB, etc., etc.

If you have fast bandwidth, you can get the bare-bones release here:

http://www.wolfegames.com/PURE_RC6_BAREBONES.zip

Contains 2 single-player Missions, including a tutorial, Space Chicken SP mode, 3 new multiplayer maps, and a host of other things like that. If you haven't played it yet, you're totally missing out.

Changelog:

1. Various balance changes and improvements, and incorporates all bugfixes since 5.2. See 5.3 thread.

2. Fixed up Options Menu.

3. Better core performance and better map beauty on most hardware.

We'll be posting to News, etc. when it's available.

This is the last beta before final. Please let me know asap if you find bugs, stuff that's badly balanced (I'm sure we missed a few things), etc.
Last edited by Argh on 16 Apr 2009, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Re: P.U.R.E. RC6 Release

Post by bobthedinosaur »

where are the orcs?
Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

nice.

You really need to get some other actors to play the other parts in your vids, sounds like you're talking to yourself ;)
Argh

Post by Argh »

where are the orcs?
Haven't finished the Crack of Doom yet. Very, very tempting, now that I know how to make it look somewhat decent.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I lol'd at the end.

"Overmines seen sir. Six elements, closing fast."
(No sign of shock, Wavey movements, no music just thuds, birds still chirping, DAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW. Fade to black )
Argh

Post by Argh »

Yup. Not the best trailer, ever. It's harder than it looks, to do stuff for a specific script with dialog. I'd do a lot more video, if I could storyboard it, record dialog, and send it to somebody who does the video side better.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

Orcs? Am i missing something lol.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Reference to Tolkien :-)
Argh

Post by Argh »

Cool! We're featured on ModDB again! And the rest of the media stuff is (slowly) moving...
Northern

Post by Northern »

woot! the game no longer freezes up in the beginning! i can finally play. the game is awesome, tho somethimes i get a de-sync error while playing. also, how do we change a lua file into a map? me and my friend just edited a map using WORLD BUILDER and now its only lua file. i so want to use that map in inf skirmishes.
BaNa

Post by BaNa »

sweet pics man.

voice was :D
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

lol dled in 2 minutes, gotta love that shit.

I maek try some of the missions.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Hehe, I liked it, I had fun. One thing that was kinda entertaining, after I won the mission all my units all over the map started attacking all the features. It was actually pretty cool to watch ;p
Argh

Post by Argh »

@Northern:

To make a World Builder compatible map is really pretty easy. However, making one that's entirely compatible with P.U.R.E.'s gameplay is a little bit harder.

To do a simple conversion and see the objects you've placed in your games, open up the map's file with Winrar or 7-Zip. You will see a folder marked "maps".

Open a World Builder map. Inside, you'll see a LuaGaia folder. Copy the LuaGaia folder to the map you want to convert.

Now copy the 0001_WORLDBUILDER.lua file that was output over the copy inside the LuaGaia folder in your new map, in the Gadgets folder inside.

That's all there is to it, for a simple conversion.

Let me know when you've gotten through that, and if you're interested in doing a full conversion, I'll give you some instructions :-)
Northern

Post by Northern »

hmm, im past opening the map on 7 zip, but whats the world builder map? im taking it isnt the .lua file of the edited map. is it a file i have to download and set the new files on? or is it somewhere in my spring folder...
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

i was thinking that the world builder map was a template then u put ur files in there but i cant find the world builder map u think u can show me where it is or could give me a link cus i cant find it thanks :-)
Attachments
screen224.jpg
(281.66 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
panckakes

Post by panckakes »

i have another question i dunno why but it gets a sync error at random games and both our internets are fast enough and our comps dont lagg so i dunno why it gets a sync error and i really want to play cus this is a good mod
Last edited by panckakes on 14 Apr 2009, 03:26, edited 1 time in total.
R-TEAM

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,

nice mod ;)

But -> why i have a couple of files to copy and not one mod file
like ALL other mods ?
(or one big mod file and one small update/fix file to be precise)
It is hard to update many different files with no name matching
with pure, will all mods doing so it ends with a mod folder full of yunk ...

Regards
R-TEAM
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

signing your posts suxx dillll do
Argh

Post by Argh »

The reason why it's not one big file is severalfold:

1. I didn't really design it for people to do the usual Spring install, it's more or less designed for a traditional install. In fact... meh, I should warn everybody now... the "barebones install" is probably going the way of the dodo soon- this may even be the very last one, tbh.

Therefore, breaking it up isn't a very big deal.

2. It's broken up so that it's clear what's gamecode, and what's content. This was done for legal reasons, since we're probably going commercial.

3. In the final release of the current builds, it will provide a stable platform for modding the sections that are GPL, and releasing mods that don't break our EULA. Long story short- if isn't P.U.R.E.'s content (models, bitmaps, sounds, etc.), then you can do whatever you want with it, subject to the GPL. And yes, that specifically includes everything in World Builder.

4. It provides people with an easy view of what's what, if they're trying to build a mod or a new gametype.

5. It's far easier to maintain multiple files as separate areas than to have a massively cluttered final game.

Now, is this stuff easy for end-users using the current Spring to deal with? No, it's not. That's just how it goes, though. Spring wasn't well-designed to handle a number of things, and separate game installs, or having more than one copy of Spring on your computer are one of the many structural problems we've had to deal with.

Spring doesn't support a sub-directory structure for storing multiple gamefiles within a larger archive, or any other method that would keep this simpler. It has to be this way, or one giant file, and I for one think that it's better this way- easier to maintain, easier to know what's what, and easier for people to know what they can redistribute freely under the GPL.
Last edited by Argh on 14 Apr 2009, 03:52, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Argh's Projects”